Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another week in the wild world of Weber  (Read 1254 times)

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
Another week in the wild world of Weber
« on: April 21, 2017, 04:21:57 PM »
It was a long winter here in the north east.  It's late April and spring is just starting.

The start is slow but 2017 Weber season is finally underway.

A red master touch was listed nearby for $30 and I reposted a NY Giant SJ I found last year back on Craigslist.I reached out to the MT seller and a buyer agreed to come get the SJ.  The week was off to solid start.

The MT seller replied that the grill was sold but the SJ buyer was on his way after work. Win some, lose some....

When the buyer arrived I brought the SJ to his truck and when he popped the open the trunk I saw the red master touch [emoji23]

Turns out he was on the buying spree. The buyer is a member here and we both had a long laugh about these quirky hobby of ours.

Glad to see both grills are going to a good home.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Cellar2ful

Re: Another week in the wild world of Weber
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 05:32:14 PM »

It is a small world indeed. My first time responding to a CL Weber add was similar.  The seller opened his garage door to show me the red SS Performer he was selling and it was full of Webers. I had just found the WKC and asked him if he had heard about the club.  Turns out he was long time WKC member @argentflame and has since been very helpful in enabling my obsession.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 05:48:47 PM »
Cool stories!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

magonzo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 05:51:23 PM »
If you ever find another NYG SJ please let me know.  I grew up on LI ( Bayshore)  and the GMEN  are my team.
Rescued SSP Red, OTS, Jumbo Joe, Genesis Silver B, Weber Q, GnGo Anywhere

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 01:29:36 AM »
Love these stories.  @AZogas and I will have one to tell tonight hopefully.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 02:23:54 AM »

It is a small world indeed. My first time responding to a CL Weber add was similar.  The seller opened his garage door to show me the red SS Performer he was selling and it was full of Webers. I had just found the WKC and asked him if he had heard about the club.  Turns out he was long time WKC member @argentflame and has since been very helpful in enabling my obsession.

@argentflame helped kick off my obsession as well. Hes a great guy and I was really happy to have met him.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 08:53:11 AM »

@argentflame helped kick off my obsession as well. Hes a great guy and I was really happy to have met him.

@argentflame Alvin celebrates another score!...

Dude, relax your chicken.