Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Website  (Read 1873 times)

TD

• WKC Brave
New Weber Website
« on: April 21, 2017, 12:18:51 PM »
Went to the Weber website and could not find anything about the Limited edition OKP in red. Not very good support for the dealers that will carry them. I did notice however the price increases. Also noticed from the top menu selections , if you select the drop down menu for grills, and then select either see all charcoal grills or see all portable grills you can search by type, series, color, or price. If you select color you get three options Black, Grey and Red. Grey and Red do not show any grills, only Black does. Does this mean these will be the new colors?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 12:29:42 PM by TD »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: New Weber Website
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 12:53:19 PM »
I think their site could use some work for sure.

Black is Black, Grey is Stainless Steel and Red is something you only see on Q's.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »
Yeah, you are probably right, Grey and Red are probably carry overs from gas grills. Didn't they use to show options for Green and Copper? I guess Limited edition advertising is up to Dealers.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 01:39:53 PM »
I just got this press release an hour ago from my local Alliance Dealer who have been unbelievably helpful with information and ordering parts.-

https://northeastbbq.com/2017/04/21/webergrills-red-limited-edition-topper-kettle-orders-need-to-be-placed-by-may-1st/

I don't think there are going to be a ton of these Limited Edition Grills floating around if people don't order them.

They are being told they need to have their orders in soon and will only be able to get what they order.  So if people don't place their orders by the deadlines then they risk the chance that not too many dealers put up the money to order extra Limited Edition Grills and these grills will truly be Limited in how many are floating around after what could be a "one time offering".

An enterprising Alliance dealer might purchase a decent amount to have on hand in addition to what they have hard orders with pre-payment for. I guess it would be the gamble they'd take without knowing how many other Alliance Dealers will order and how much inventory they are comfortable carrying.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 01:53:24 PM »

They're coming to Canada !!!!! …..  ??? ;D :o ;) ;)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:13:10 PM »
taco handle

NEVER!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 02:58:11 PM »
Has anyone seen the new higher prices? $700 for a cheap enamel Weber Spirit made in China? WTF???
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 04:15:33 PM »
How do you find out if there is an Alliance dealer near you?  Can you order from any Alliance dealer and have it shipped to you?

Wayne

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2017, 05:40:09 PM »
taco handle

NEVER!

Taco, schmaco!

George is spinning, the devil grinning.  >:(
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 06:26:24 PM »

They're coming to Canada !!!!! …..  ??? ;D :o ;) ;)
That's great news.  I know about 4 being sold.