Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Pellet grill in the future?  (Read 7245 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Weber Pellet grill in the future?
« on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:47 PM »
I know most are here for collector items but not everyone.  So since last year we got the Summit to compete with the kamados does anyone see a pellet fed grill based off the genesis anywhere in the future??

I am still toying with the idea of making my own on a 13 bar genesis 1000 box using my pellet pro hopper but that's down a ways on the priority list as of now
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Weber Pellet grill in the future?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 08:17:01 AM »
I'm doing my part!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 08:32:09 AM »
I know most are here for collector items but not everyone.  So since last year we got the Summit to compete with the kamados does anyone see a pellet fed grill based off the genesis anywhere in the future??

I am still toying with the idea of making my own on a 13 bar genesis 1000 box using my pellet pro hopper but that's down a ways on the priority list as of now

@nitis

I've done most everything mine with the exception of grilling direct over the burn pot. To be honest, I actually played around with the idea of using a Genesis cookbox, but felt it was too small. 

Pellet Pro/Smoke Daddy makes a sear feature for for theirs and aftermarket grills, which isn't too far off what you described with the 1000 flavorizer bar setup.

https://smokedaddyinc.com/products/grill-smoker-accessories/item/132-the-universal-sear-daddy-pellet-grill-searing-station.html

Unfortunately the Sear station won't fit the WSM setup, and as it is I've been thinking about modifying the Pellet Pro Stacker into a faux sear station and Grill Grates.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 08:39:14 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 08:52:25 AM »
@swamprb

Come Med Month.....you're getting the Lifetime Achievement Award !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 09:07:38 AM »
@swamprb

Come Med Month.....you're getting the Lifetime Achievement Award !!!!!

Sorry @1buckie

Its just too hard to compete against the 14" WSM handle mods!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 05:04:18 PM »
Just kicking around ideas here @nitis, but I stuck a chopped 18" bowl in the 22" WSM with the pellet pro and with a little modification, I'm going to be able to make a sear station.

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2017, 06:57:37 PM »
@swamprb

now youre getting me all of course I had always envisioned using a  first gen genesis.  So I can almost visualize a WSM22 using those performer conversion brackets and putting it into a performer cart
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

TartanAvenger

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2017, 09:25:47 PM »
We will never come out with pellet grill. Love seeing the mods though.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2017, 09:28:18 PM »

@TartanAvenger
But that's probably what they said before the Genesis too right?

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »

thats what she said

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2017, 07:25:38 AM »
@TartanAvenger  And when we do, we'll make them in China?

TartanAvenger

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 07:46:53 AM »

thats what she said
#giggity

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2017, 01:38:48 PM »

Idk man. Years ago I think that might have been true. Recently however, we've seen Weber take on downmarket, upmarket, and kamado market. I would also think that the margins would be there as Weber is a world leader in sheet metal manufacturing for home outdoor products. Globalized manufacturing also helps. Last but not least, the iGrill acquisition would trivialize development of an integrated pellet control system.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2017, 04:19:52 PM »
Here's the deal if there's money to be made they'll be all over it.

The hoppers are so generic now that basically everyone uses the same setup outta china from camp chef to traeger

So if they can design I kickass grill around that which I believe wouldn't be hard I can't see them not going in.

It's all about buying in bulk and rebranding. So strike a deal with one of the pellet manufacturers and have them bag em up in a different bag that says Weber

Now I can suspect their apprehension if they are taking it in the shorts on the summit charcoal grill. And while I think it's a fine machine I feel they priced themselves out of the market on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2017, 05:33:06 PM »

It's all about buying in bulk and rebranding. So strike a deal with one of the pellet manufacturers and have them bag em up in a different bag that says Weber

Weber-Stephens is a big enough company that they would produce most of it themselves. They have not private labelled any cookers, but they do so for their accessories. I would not call their designs run-of-the-mill, if anything they have market leading design so I would think that their interpretation of a pellet cooker would be really neat. They could pay someone else to design it (like the product design firm Choi Design which has designed the Performer, two table OTP, Genesis E-300, Taco handle heatshield, Summit Charcoal Grill, Weber style accessories, Weber Q, Summit E-400/600 etc.).
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791