Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Roti Ring Help  (Read 1947 times)

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
Roti Ring Help
« on: March 29, 2017, 08:51:40 AM »
I got this roti ring with a kettle I bought a while back. Is this a Weber or a Knock-off? Any suggestions where to find Motor and Spit? I want to put this back to work spinning chickens etc. Thanks for any help!

SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

SixZeroFour

Re: Roti Ring Help
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 09:26:56 AM »
That is most certainly an original Weber roti ring... the spit motors are more or less generic so it should be easy to track that down... the spit  may be a bit more difficult if you want original but rigging something up should be pretty straightforward if you just want it up and running. You have the most important bit 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 09:34:16 AM »
@SixZeroFour Thank for the info. I may have a spit that I can cut down. The only motor I have goes to my 70, 26 roti and it mounts differently. I don't want to mess with that setup.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

SixZeroFour

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 09:43:36 AM »
You're very welcome...

If you do cut down an existing spit most BBQ shops will sell a little fitting that will clamp onto the spit that will give you a round edge so that it rolls properly in the riser ring. Something like this:

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
Onegrill.com is a good place for all rotisserie parts.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 03:55:19 PM »
You're very welcome...

If you do cut down an existing spit most BBQ shops will sell a little fitting that will clamp onto the spit that will give you a round edge so that it rolls properly in the riser ring. Something like this:

Or save a couple bucks and just grind the spit rod at the ring contact points

But Yes, It is an old style Weber ring.

Just get any Universal spit rod and cut them to fit your ring.

I use my rotisseries a lot, and the one thing that the EZ-Que ring has going for it is the U cutouts on both sides of the ring. It is so much easier to use than threading the spit into the hole and aligning it with the motor.

I've just made 2 small cuts with a hacksaw to the hole end. Give it a try!

« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:00:37 PM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 07:31:01 PM »
Another option is to modify your ring to make pizzas.

@SteveZ I have the original motor and spit rod for this ring, that I'm not using. You cover shipping and it's yours.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 07:33:07 PM by Jason »

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 04:43:19 AM »
if modding a spit rod.. isn't it easier to cut the end of that feeds into the motor..rather than the other end which has the bracket support to spin in a ring?

I ask given that I may have to mod a spit rod.. so I was planning on cutting the end which feeds into the motor.... file it smooth and mod complete.. why cut the other side where more work is required?  am I missing something with the motor end of the spit rod?

Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 04:49:14 AM »
update.. I just looked at my spit rod.. so I can see the issue with cutting on motor feed end of spit rod..
that end is usually tapered to feed into the female motor insert.. so cutting this end may actually require a lot more work with having to mod the feed end completely to ship it correctly..

Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 12:59:30 PM »
can someone share link for the part that swamperb detailed...the spit rod adapter pls
Grills

tspin818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2017, 06:40:35 PM »
These are great for putting a temp probe on the Rotisserie. Run the wire through the bushing then attach the transmitter to the spit handle so it rotates with the meat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Holy grail Red Smokey Joe

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 06:12:32 AM »
thanks @Jeepin79
Grills