Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lettering on a kettle  (Read 1098 times)

noreaster

• WKC Brave
Lettering on a kettle
« on: March 20, 2017, 01:37:37 PM »
Thinking of doing a tribute grill for a friend whose daughter passed. Maybe her name and dates of birth and death or a design. Any ideas on lettering. Is there some type of white paint that would last and be non toxic???  Dont want it to burn off on first cook. Could it be sprayed on or is it best to free hand?????  Best to be on cover or bowl??

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lettering on a kettle
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 02:27:52 PM »
Don't paint anything on the lid or bowl, it won't last. I would have @zavod44 do a custom handle or two. He can design something amazing, and it will outlast the kettle. It's really the onlly solution to a personalized kettle that you plan to use.
Retired

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 02:40:28 PM »
Don't paint anything on the lid or bowl, it won't last. I would have @zavod44 do a custom handle or two. He can design something amazing, and it will outlast the kettle. It's really the onlly solution to a personalized kettle that you plan to use.
Thx. Interesting. Hadn't thought of that

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 02:58:28 PM »
Another option would be to paint a design or have decals placed on the front panel of a Performer. Not as much heat there and more real estate to use. Not sure how warm it gets, but the panels are painted to begin with (at least on Gen three and current models) so you should be good. Maybe both front panel and handles if a Performer is in the budget?
Retired

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:36:53 PM »
Another option would be to paint a design or have decals placed on the front panel of a Performer. Not as much heat there and more real estate to use. Not sure how warm it gets, but the panels are painted to begin with (at least on Gen three and current models) so you should be good. Maybe both front panel and handles if a Performer is in the budget?
Thx. Like the handle idea

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 07:17:14 PM »
Using high heat paint on the lid might work for what you want. However it will change colour over time. It will darken, and may flake off after some time depending on how much use the grill will get. 

I would agree about getting the custom handles. They will last much longer.

I'm thinking name on the lid handle & dates on the bowl handle.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 08:58:51 PM »
I think the custom handle is a great idea
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

bear

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 03:11:24 AM »
^^ This ^^

And maybe some @Uncle Al wheels

noreaster

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 04:01:53 AM »
^^ This ^^

And maybe some @Uncle Al wheels
Thank you. That is another great idea