Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How has your Weber Family grown in 1year time frame.  (Read 3409 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
How has your Weber Family grown in 1year time frame.
« on: March 18, 2017, 08:06:32 PM »
After the thread by Mr.CPHo- Confessions of a NOOB and seeing how big his Weber family has grown, it got me thinking. I too realized how big my Weber family has grown to 30 in less than a year time.  :o  I know it's not about the numbers, but really interested in your Weber family situations.  In a year time frame.... the family grown? or reduced?, continue to grow? or done? 

I will try to list all my members, but if you can take group pics of last year this time members and the current family pic as a comparison  would be great.  If you are unable to take pics, list before (1year ago) and current Weber kettle family members.

eLLWOODgGLEN

• WKC Brave
Re: How has your Weber Family grown in 1year time frame.
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2017, 08:23:30 PM »
Last year... no Weber.

This year...

EE code Performer SSP

DR code 18 OTG midget silver-gold conversion

N code Smokey Joe Platinum

ER code Go-Anywhere charcoal

CU code Smokey Joe silver-gold conversion

This has only taken half a year.....I hope my motorcycle funds survive Weberitis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 11:51:54 AM by eLLWOODgGLEN »

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 03:44:18 AM »
@eLLWOODgGLEN, I've been watching your collection grow since you got hooked by the Smokey Joes.  Nice looking family so far, very diverse.  Good decision to jump on that faded Outrider! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Geezer

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 04:24:21 AM »
Back in October, I was on my way to meet a close friend to hang out for a few days.  About halfway, I met @Mr.CPHo and we made a trade on a couple of Webers. 

During my stay with my friend I grilled us some steaks and another day, I made us some Vortex wings.  My friend was not a griller, he had a gas grill but didn't use it much.  He raved over the steaks.  The next day we had the wings and he said they were the best wings that he had ever eaten.

Then he started asking questions about Webers and the Vortex.  I told him that what I made was easy and anyone could do it.  The next day after he got home he sent me a photo of a new copper Master Touch.  He asked about the Vortex and he immediately had one on the way.  His first cook was the wings, and from there he was hooked.

He expanded to cooking steaks, loins, chicken. Then I got him interested in sides and desserts.  Well, of course, he realized that he needed another grill.  He found a deal on CL on a new in the box green MT and then shortly he found another new MT in brick red.    Now he was set.

His wife thanked me for getting him interested in grilling as she was reaping the benefits.  She even bought him a beautiful blue Performer for Christmas.  I told him that I was very envious because I didn't have a blue one...yet.  (Hopefully that is changing soon.)

A couple of weeks ago, he sent a picture of a black original kettle.  He said they were going down the highway and passed a house where the people were moving and had a huge trash pile by the side of the road.  He thought he spied something and did a U turn.  In the pile he saw a bowl.  He kept digging and found the complete grill less the ash pan and charcoal grate. 

While my grill count hasn't changed much, my friend has really been busy in just a few months.

james1787

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 04:42:41 AM »
I discovered WKC in August 2016. When I joined I had my 1977 22" faded black grill which I found off craigslist a few years ago (which I had no idea how old it was). I was quite a novice back then. I was still using lighter fluid (gasp).. I didn't grill much more than burgers, chicken or vegetables.

After I discovered this place I learned about weber chimneys, smoking things on the grill, I learned how old my grill was, and I learned about the many additional sizes, shapes and colors that grills came in. Best of all, I discovered the many great people here and over time I have gained confidence in my grilling & bbq skills.

So what have I added in terms of my Weber family? The Weber chimney and a 1969 or 1970 18" red

Am I looking to add more? Probably. I'd like to add a vintage avacado or lime grill next.... then who knows from there...

« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 04:45:36 AM by james1787 »
Seeking either 56-58 anything or Westerner

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 08:42:52 AM »
My collection has actually gotten smaller in the last year. I got rid of all my MBH's and colors I don't like.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 10:24:06 AM »

My collection has actually gotten smaller in the last year. I got rid of all my MBH's and colors I don't like.
What led you to get rid of the MBH's?

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 11:34:16 AM »
I think in the last year I have only added a "B" WGA.
But then again I have no more room to store them.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 11:52:44 AM »

I find the daisy vents less fun and convenient to use. The bright colors are cool though.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 01:25:40 PM »

I find the daisy vents less fun and convenient to use. The bright colors are cool though.

I feel the same way. I have used my yellow MBH and my wooden handle red 3 wheeler with great joy, but I find using Gen1 and 2 MT, newer OTP, and all Gen Performers with lighter lid, thermo, and ash buckets that are wind proof more convenient to use. That does not mean I am getting rid of my MBHs anytime soon.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 01:29:48 PM »
Just like with women, you will do some crazy ass shit with Webers in the first year. Dylan said you cannot be in love and rational at the same time. Some decisions just will not make sense.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 01:31:16 PM »
When I joined in Feb/March of 2016 I had a black 2006 OTS, A black 2010 OTG, and a black 2011 SJG, and I had just bought a lime 2015 Uline smokey joe.

Now I have around 22. You folks are such enablers :P

Brain_STL

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 03:25:45 PM »

I made the kids put their coats on before we went outside for a picture.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 04:50:42 PM »
Family photo as of spring 2016

Today. 14 Kettles not counting Smokey joes or gassers. Spring family photo coming soon.

searching for a 26" ash pan.
ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 10:33:47 AM »
North Texas continues to be a kettle desert. I grabbed a $20 gasser and a plum MT, a black OTP cuz it had a craycort grate. I think that's it. And some smalls and accessories.

I think my rough count is 30 weber cooking devices
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.