Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: SSPP ignitor  (Read 1240 times)

billham

• Smokey Joe
SSPP ignitor
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:05:50 PM »
Hope this hasn't been asked and answered but I scored a green 2013 SSPP just before winter for a great deal and it is in really good shape but the ignitor foe the propane doesn't work. I've done some Google searches but all the ignitor I can find seem to be for gas grills. I want to clean and restore this bad boy to be the best that I can make it be, does anyone know 1 where I may be able to find the right ignitor for this or 2 if there is battery ignitor that will work on this grill? Sorry for the long winded post. Thanks for looking
Bill

Sent from my SM-N910V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: SSPP ignitor
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Call Weber or buy it here: www.ereplacementparts.com/igniter-kit-p-1477519.html

I would bet your igniter still works but you just need to clean the tube and electrode.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

billham

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:30:53 PM »
Call Weber or buy it here: www.ereplacementparts.com/igniter-kit-p-1477519.html

I would bet your igniter still works but you just need to clean the tube and electrode.
Thanks this is the greenie that I posted and you kindly linked the resto posts to been having fun with it just ordered wooden handles for the table and kettle lid feel it will be a nice touch

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:14:37 PM »
+1 on the cleaning. Remove the small phillips head screw and pull the electrode out. Clean the tip with a wire brush and all contact points with sandpaper or emory cloth. Pay special attention to the ground wire connector. Any corrosion there can inhibit proper operation. Just for fun hold the electrode and ground and hit the button to test the piezo. Use a long shish kabob stick or coat hanger to clean any ash or mud dobbers out of the tube. If you have access to shop air the give it a blast down the tube. Reassemble and test function. Good luck.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 08:19:27 PM by MINIgrillin »
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 01:11:08 AM »
What @MINIgrillin said.

I've bought around a dozen Performers and about half of them did not ignite on the first try.   Most often a coat hanger reaming out the burner tube works.   Once in a while a loose connection but if you go through the steps MINIgrillin outlined I bet you're good to go before you spend any money on a new ignitor.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

billham

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 06:10:16 AM »
Ok great I'll try that thanks alot