Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie question.  (Read 2265 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie question.
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2017, 06:11:21 PM »
I really think you need the ring.. I have it and it works great. I could be yo
Agent in the US if you want

I really appreciate your offer. Thanks!  For now, I am good. I think I could even make the ring. If all fails I am better off just ordering it directly from the E-bay link Darko has posted. Thanks Darko! This thru. E-bay I did not know about ships directly to Canada at reasonable rate.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2017, 06:19:31 PM »
That's where I got mine.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2017, 04:09:26 PM »
Kettlepizza rotisserie is almost done. Spinning some chicken tomorrow for the first time on the roti.

This brand new $30 can. Napoleon gas rotisserie I scored fits nicely. I made an extension motor bracket to even the rod over the ring.  Very sturdy on the ring....

but.....I am cutting off the inner part of this new cooking grate and using rest of it for an additional support for the ring and extra cooking space.
I could also have cooking grates on top and bot. of the ring and have 14" deflector on the bowl cooking grate to have a smoker set-up.

I like to also thank  einrej for getting in contact with me via PM. His build and set-up without the ring reassured me that it will just fine. But.... thanks to  varekai,  he gave me the idea of using my new Kettlepizza as a rotisserie ring. So, I made a multipurpose  pizza oven/rotisserie/smoker all in one.  Get to try it out tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:11:33 PM by greenweb »

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 07:23:16 PM »
excited to see how this turns out. what are you going to do about the opening? drill holes and bolt on a cover ?

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2017, 07:52:29 PM »
excited to see how this turns out. what are you going to do about the opening? drill holes and bolt on a cover ?

I did have a plan to use existing 4 handle holes to mount the plate. I even found a place I can get an exact size plate. Just need to drill 4 holes and curve the plate and mount. I also had a solutions for making the ring air tight against the bowl ( I came up with 2 great options), but decided not to do it.  I might just use roti with the front cover open or cover up with tin foil. I don't want to have to take 4 bolts off and on going from pizza oven to a roti. I don't believe both require air tight chamber anyways.

As a smoker is different story but I can still make it work.

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 08:22:05 PM »
Could you use a plate with cutouts to hang on the handle standoffs?

You could just lift it off and on as needed.

Not air tight, but I agree I don't think it needs to be.
Dude, relax your chicken.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 05:08:05 AM »
Could you use a plate with cutouts to hang on the handle standoffs?

You could just lift it off and on as needed.

Not air tight, but I agree I don't think it needs to be.

I might have to try this.  Thanks!