Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit charcoal grill on sale  (Read 10490 times)

70monte

• WKC Brave
Re: Summit charcoal grill on sale
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2017, 04:42:02 PM »
It definitely is a beast and can hold a lot of food.  I also own a Good One Open Range which is quite a bit smaller that I also bought from the same store last year for 50% off.  When I bought the Open Range, they also had this Marshall for sale at the time but even though it was also 50% off at the time, I wasn't sure how I was going to like the Good One smokers so I bought the smaller one.

These smokers are pretty much set it and forget it and since I really like the Open Range, when the store put the Marshall back on CL for 50% off, I couldn't pass up the deal.  We have a large gathering at least once a year and it will come in handy for that.

When I finally use it, I will try to remember to put up some pictures so you can see it at work.  You can also go to Youtube as there are people using it for cooks on there.

I'm actually taking a BBQ class this month held by Chris Marks who is affiliated with the Good One smokers and used them in competition.  He now teaches classes in different areas of the country and uses these smokers in his classes.

Wayne

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 03:55:30 AM »
Does anyone know if these are just on sale or is it a new permanent lower price? I'd love to have one. Heck I'd sell my new Homer and WSM plus about 6 other grills to get into one of these!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 03:57:09 AM »
Does anyone know if these are just on sale or is it a new permanent lower price? I'd love to have one. Heck I'd sell my new Homer and WSM plus about 6 other grills to get into one of these!

Looked like a sale to me. The tag has a ending date is the only thing that makes me say that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 04:53:25 AM »
In Europe they have a price of €2000. That's the reason nobody has one.

Bertl

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 06:31:23 AM »
I would but the Grill Center at that price if the local ACE sold them.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2017, 08:23:45 AM »
Game Changer, I am plotting and schemeing
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2017, 09:06:32 AM »

Looked like a sale to me. The tag has a ending date is the only thing that makes me say that

Ah. I didn't read the fine print. Thanks. I checked locally in NE Indiana and I found one of each but neither were on sale. Omaha only looks like 9-10 hours from me, might have to cancel the spring break Florida trip for a road trip. 

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »

Ah. I didn't read the fine print. Thanks. I checked locally in NE Indiana and I found one of each but neither were on sale. Omaha only looks like 9-10 hours from me, might have to cancel the spring break Florida trip for a road trip. 

Whites ace hardware in Carmel has them on sale. At least a couple weeks ago. That's north side Indy

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 09:37:42 AM »
If I could find that deal in Phoenix, I would be a buyer.  Unfortunately, there are only a few dealers here that carry them, and all of them swear that Weber will not let them put Summits on sale.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

RumBar

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2017, 10:23:50 AM »

Whites ace hardware in Carmel has them on sale. At least a couple weeks ago. That's north side Indy

Thanks for the tip!
Just called, $1,999. Dang. The search continues.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2017, 10:35:50 AM »
Oh man!   I have a commission and my stock purchase plan that is about to hit....this is very tempting!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 10:46:23 AM »
Dang, can't find one anywhere at my local ACE Hardware Stores.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:36 AM »
Dang, can't find one anywhere at my local ACE Hardware Stores.

I've yet to see one in person.  I think there is a place here in Phoenix (not Ace) that has them though.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2017, 11:14:59 AM »

@cumminfourya is that the 84th and Center Westlake? Not that I can afford a Summit, but I haven't been to that one nor the 90th & Maple location for a couple months. My "home" Ace is 144th and Center. Just curious.

Nope, that is at your Ace Craig. 144th and Center. Only Ace in town I've seen that has the summit is that location. I went to 84th and Center when I left there and they didn't have much of anything. The Walmart in Gretna if your interested has there brand of kettle covers on clearance for a buck and starter cubes for $2

Damn! I need to swing by there and check that out.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2017, 11:55:23 AM »
Just curious which one everyone would buy.  Summit Charcoal Grill @ $999 or Summit Charcoal Grilling Center @ $1499.

This is just for the guys that would buy them don't need a bunch of "neither one"   :)