Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Summit charcoal grill on sale  (Read 10486 times)

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
Summit charcoal grill on sale
« on: March 11, 2017, 11:50:30 AM »
At ACE hardware and they have the summit charcoal grills on sale for $500 off. Makes it almost tempting. Just don't know how I feel about spending that much ( mostly cause I don't have that much [emoji849] ). But damn they sure are nice. I can't believe they are discounted like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Summit charcoal grill on sale
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 11:57:19 AM »
Yeah my brother sent me a message about the local ace in our area having them on sale a few weeks ago. Except they were $400 off.  $999 is step in the right direction but it will still be hard to overcome the already established egg. I would prefer the summit over an egg myself for being lighter and less fragile.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:12:06 PM »
I want one. Keep droppin baby.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 12:44:52 PM »
At a G that standalone one is tempting. Then I remember that it doesn't eat cold here and the cooking grate is smaller than the 26r.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »
Those are what the retail prices should have been from the get go, in my opinion.

FWIW - Not once have I regretted the decision to take the plunge since purchasing almost a year ago now, and would never trade it for a ceramic (BGE or similar).

It's a truly badass all-in-one solution that's more versatile, durable and easy to use than any egg. You can move it around with ease, switch from grilling to smoking within minutes, and the double wall design has reduced my charcoal consumption by at very least 25%. That's a substantial amount of $ saved on fuel alone when you grill as much as I do.
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 12:49:31 PM »
The cooking grate is smaller than the 26r.

Just barely... feels just like cooking on a 26 :)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2017, 01:59:44 PM »
they sure are nice , to much $$$$$ for me but.........if my ship ever comes in i'm getting two .

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
Summit charcoal grill on sale
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2017, 04:15:25 PM »
@cumminfourya thanks for the heads up.  I might need to clear a few out to get the approval on this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 05:21:25 PM by SteveMBH »

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2017, 05:14:17 PM »
There was a guy on the slow n sear FB page that said he bought one for half off recently because the dealer that had a few was not selling any.  My local dealer said that he hasn't sold many at all due to the price.  I would like to try one out but not at it's current price.

Wayne

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2017, 05:31:44 PM »
@70monte go make an offer. Worst that can happen is they refuse.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 07:26:24 AM »
@cumminfourya is that the 84th and Center Westlake? Not that I can afford a Summit, but I haven't been to that one nor the 90th & Maple location for a couple months. My "home" Ace is 144th and Center. Just curious.

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2017, 07:41:30 AM »
@cumminfourya is that the 84th and Center Westlake? Not that I can afford a Summit, but I haven't been to that one nor the 90th & Maple location for a couple months. My "home" Ace is 144th and Center. Just curious.

Nope, that is at your Ace Craig. 144th and Center. Only Ace in town I've seen that has the summit is that location. I went to 84th and Center when I left there and they didn't have much of anything. The Walmart in Gretna if your interested has there brand of kettle covers on clearance for a buck and starter cubes for $2

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2017, 08:12:08 AM »
Nice kettles, butt a bit pricey for me.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2017, 04:13:42 PM »
@70monte go make an offer. Worst that can happen is they refuse.

I just bought a new Good One Marshall that a dealer close to me had for almost three years that they never sold that they discounted for 50% off of retail so I really don't need to buy anything else right now.  I have spent way too much on grills and smokers in the past year so I need to slow down.

I just wish I knew someone personally that had one so that I could check it out in action.

Wayne

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2017, 04:26:26 PM »
Damn Wayne! I had to go look that cooker up and it's a beast. Would love to see some action shots sometime.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.