Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Handle question  (Read 692 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Handle question
« on: March 04, 2017, 06:58:23 AM »
I want to remove the handle assemblies from a donor kettle and install on another one for a project. I assume others have done this?  I'm thinking about using a saws all to cut the weld or would it be better to drill the tack weld from the other side?  Then I would have to drill holes in the kettle and handle to mount. Basically I want to make an 18" gold. At least from the handle perspective.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 07:00:11 AM by HoosierKettle »

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Handle question
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:17:12 AM »
I have re-attached handles to a kettle by drilling through the handle flange and kettle, and securing with stainless bolts, nuts and fender washers.

Not original of course, but looks OK.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 08:33:21 AM »
Thanks harbor. Just drove 40 minutes one way for a plain old black 18 lol. I have a problem. Only $10

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
I've taken handles off of a donor kettle by drilling the tack welds from the inside.  There were 3 per handle that you can see if you clean up the inside.  After that the handle is left intact so you can more carefully drill in the center of the mounting tab using a drill press/vice/etc.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"