Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about swapping Bowls & Gas Assist from G2 Performer to G3  (Read 1396 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I looked at it quickly but before I go and take anything apart, does anyone know if the G2 Performer Regulator and ignition button and mounts swap right into a G3?  Does everything line up to swap it out or would you have to get a different regulator?  Because the frame on the G3 is in better shap than the one the Dove Grey is sitting in Im thinking about swapping it into the G3 pictured in front of it.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Question about swapping Bowls & Gas Assist from G2 Performer to G3
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 05:08:29 AM »
They should drop right in I have swapped all gens of performers into different carts.  I believe they are all universal....

Sent from my Moto Z force Droid

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 05:13:55 AM »
Looks better in the G2 frame in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 05:48:21 AM »
They should drop right in I have swapped all gens of performers into different carts.  I believe they are all universal....

Thanks

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 05:50:26 AM »

I agree but the bottom black shelf on the G2 has a spot on it that I think the previous owner put a hot ash pan on because there's a circle where the coated wire is missing. Otherwise I'd just swap the metal table onto the G2

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 05:52:46 AM »
Why not just repaint the shelf?

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Question about swapping Bowls & Gas Assist from G2 Performer to G3
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 06:03:42 AM »
Are the performer covers all the same post ssp?  I assume they are but wanted to make sure before picking one up.

Back to this topic:

I like the idea of swapping bowls so it matches your others but by itself like it better in the gen 2 frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 06:15:40 AM »

I agree but the bottom black shelf on the G2 has a spot on it that I think the previous owner put a hot ash pan on because there's a circle where the coated wire is missing. Otherwise I'd just swap the metal table onto the G2

Just change out the bot. shelf with gen3 or repaint. I agree with others on G2 looking better with black frame, black bot. shelf, and front SS panel. Wheels are also much cooler looking than G3.  The back panel is blacked out but not sure if it is SS.

I am currently, started to work on SS table G2 Performer project. Something diff. that has not been shown or seen before.

Same regulators. Few differences are, Gen3 has battery powered starter switch sys. vs manual click start switch on Gen2, plus the obvious diff. in front panel and covers. That is it. Everything else... all same
« Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 09:46:26 AM by greenweb »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 08:08:47 AM »
Probably the way to go is to just repaint the bottom shelf like you and @darko suggested. Then I'll ask my local Weber guy to keep his eye out for a scrap one to change out if one becomes available. Good suggestions, thanks

AZogas

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2017, 04:50:05 AM »
I looked at it quickly but before I go and take anything apart, does anyone know if the G2 Performer Regulator and ignition button and mounts swap right into a G3?  Does everything line up to swap it out or would you have to get a different regulator?  Because the frame on the G3 is in better shap than the one the Dove Grey is sitting in Im thinking about swapping it into the G3 pictured in front of it.

Sweet performers!  Is the red one from an SSP?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2017, 05:56:31 AM »

Sweet performers!  Is the red one from an SSP?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

No, it's a 3G Brick Red