Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Question about 18 inch OTG  (Read 8860 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Question about 18 inch OTG
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2017, 04:09:32 PM »
^^^^  I would also go get it no matter what. There is a good chance of it being a Red or Blue or Copper NIB OTG. It maybe be some cool logo that we never seen before or fairly rare logo kettle. 

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2017, 04:22:08 PM »
unanimous vote, buy that bad boy ha ha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 04:25:30 PM »
just thought of something too, could always give weber a call , I'm sure they have a product list of all part numbers. seeing that they all have to come from weber in the first place right? but the mystery is awesome

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2017, 06:27:51 PM »
Stop questioning man. Let it happen. It'll be like Christmas only better as you know forsure it is some kind of Weber Kettle...right.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2017, 11:27:52 PM »
just thought of something too, could always give weber a call , I'm sure they have a product list of all part numbers. seeing that they all have to come from weber in the first place right? but the mystery is awesome

I think this is a great idea.  Gonna try this morning!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2017, 11:33:16 PM »

Oh,  it's happening. I just wish I could have gone right up there.  I know it's an OTG.  I'm just dying to know what logo it is or if it's got the black ash catcher or what it is that corresponds to that model number. If it was an 18 OTG of color that would be icing but I doubt that's it.
Stop questioning man. Let it happen. It'll be like Christmas only better as you know forsure it is some kind of Weber Kettle...right.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2017, 11:50:45 PM »
The only other model number I could find other than the standard one was for a blue 18.5 OTG - 458001

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 12:38:02 AM »
Jeez. Just pick the damn thing up. Buy it. Don't give us your rendition of whether or not you are giving it a rose. Put it right back on CL if it's not what you want.

Gosh, that is harsh. But you do seem to be stacking SSPs like bales of hay, so where are you gonna keep this?

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2017, 02:55:19 AM »
Jeez. Just pick the damn thing up. Buy it. Don't give us your rendition of whether or not you are giving it a rose. Put it right back on CL if it's not what you want.

Gosh, that is harsh. But you do seem to be stacking SSPs like bales of hay, so where are you gonna keep this?
I'm not debating whether I'm going to get it or not.  I'm going to get it.  The seller agreed on the price.   When I told him I'd come right up to get it he said not til the weekend.   I'm just having fun trying to research what is probably in the box and sharing what I've figured out so far.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2017, 02:58:53 AM »
I feel your excitement, @captjoe06.  The weekend can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2017, 05:31:28 AM »
Mystery solved if you can zoom in on, or get a clearer picture of this...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:42:31 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2017, 05:39:50 AM »
THIS X2  ^^^^^^^^^^^
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2017, 09:48:00 AM »
I've never been more irritated  than having the conversation  with the woman from Weber who refused to give me any information about the model number,  simply insisting over and over again that it's a standard black kettle.  Then I asked her if it had an ash catcher assembly or a pan to which she replied that it had a flat pan which was my first clue that she hadn't typed in the model number I gave her.  Next I asked her to repeat back to me the number I gave her and she gave me a different number completely further cementing in my mind that she just was unwilling to lol it up.  Then she told me she wasn't sure what I was getting at.  I explained to her how the model numbers correspond to different variations of the kettle and that the standard number for a black one touch hold us 451001 but the one I was interested in was model 451996.  I then explained to her if she could please just type it in that it might give a clue as to what logo might be on the kettle.  She insisted that Weber doesn't put logos on kettles.  Then I assured her that they did and I'd be happy to provide photos for her she told me it must be some other type of grill company.   She was still unwilling to look it  up.   She then said there are no variations to which I told her that some kettles gave black ash catchers and she told me that Weber had absolutely never made a different color ash catcher than the silver ones to which I replied that I own several that for.  Arghhhh !

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 09:58:57 AM »
You'll just have to be patient. She didn't want to spoil the surprise.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:01 AM »
Could be the uber-rare Massengill-branded kettle, one of only a few made when Weber was first trying to appeal to women. I heard they wanted to use "Massengrill", but the trademark lawyers wouldn't allow the variation. No wonder the Weber CS agent disavowed any knowledge - they have been trying to cover this one up for years.
Retired