Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber roti housing  (Read 663 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Weber roti housing
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:40:40 AM »
While using the roti a couple times, I would feel to see if I felt heat or air coming from the vent slots. Never did. Then yesterday I noticed something that struck me funny. [emoji23][emoji23]

They are fake vent slots. New design must have eliminated the need but they kept the look I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:43:06 AM by HoosierKettle »

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
Re: Weber roti housing
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 08:09:59 AM »
I noticed that on mine when I took a close up look at it to make sure water wasn't going to get in when it started to drizzle partway through a rotisserie cook last year.  The whole thing's actually quite well sealed with the plastic cover over the power switch as well.  The only opening is for the spit socket and even then, it's well inside the casing on the side that's protected by the mounting bracket on the ring.  I'd have to check, but going by memory, it's only a 9 watt motor in there driving the spit through some serious reduction gearing so it shouldn't get very warm unless the rotisserie is grossly overloaded.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber roti housing
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 08:26:15 AM »
Yeah the whole thing looks like a solid unit I just thought it was funny they kept fake vent slots

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app