Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: BBQ Dragon's Chimney of Insanity  (Read 6626 times)

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
Re: BBQ Dragon's Chimney of Insanity
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2016, 12:01:55 PM »

Call me insane but I want one.

I'm with you. Nothing about speed for me. I just like playing with fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 08:45:11 AM »
I get that a lot of people don't see a need for that or aren't gadget people.  I'm on the fence with this one, but do see how it could be awesome when you are cooking and suddenly realize you need more hot coals for your cook.  In that situation time may be of the essence.  I'm still playing with the Looftlighter I got for my birthday to do a full review of it, but one thing I have found is that it isn't the best chimney starter.  I've actually melted some of the outer bezel trying to light my chimney.  So if you are a gadget person this looks really cool.

I think it would save me a little bit of time when I am using my Kettle Pizza.  I usually use a full lit chimney then dump another 1/2 to 3/4 of chimney worth of unlit onto the grill and then wait for them to get going....this dragon chimney might save me a little bit of time there as well as allowing me to get more coals going mid pizza cook if I need them.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:47:09 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2016, 09:01:39 AM »
This just occurred to me but I have 2 chimneys. I would assume 2 half full chimneys would take half the time one full chimney would take.

vader06

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2016, 10:40:22 AM »
It is cool but I rather stick with my Weber chimney starter. 
Genesis Gold B, 18" WSM, 18" Yellow, 22" Blue OTG, 22" Lime MBH, 22"  Black SJ, Black Jumbo Joe Platinum and Red 22" LE.

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 08:23:13 AM »
Its pretty cool but I just use the gas assist on my Platinum Kettle to light my charcoal and it only takes 10 minutes and I'm ready to grill.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2017, 06:20:02 PM »
I just added a chimney of insanity to my arsenal. My recent purchase of a BBQ dragon is what ended up selling me on the COI. What I have found is that I get more cook time out of my fuel because the decreased lighting time means the coals in the bottom of the chimney don't burn off much by the time the coals in the top of the chimney get going. The line between unlit black, lit grey and screaming orange was right next too each other with the added oxygen on a Weber chimney. I'm eager to see how much quicker and how much fuel I'll save lighting up with the COI and the BBQ dragon together.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2017, 07:06:04 AM »
^^^Cool. I just like saying Chimney Of Insanity.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2017, 05:31:18 PM »

I just added a chimney of insanity to my arsenal. My recent purchase of a BBQ dragon is what ended up selling me on the COI. What I have found is that I get more cook time out of my fuel because the decreased lighting time means the coals in the bottom of the chimney don't burn off much by the time the coals in the top of the chimney get going. The line between unlit black, lit grey and screaming orange was right next too each other with the added oxygen on a Weber chimney. I'm eager to see how much quicker and how much fuel I'll save lighting up with the COI and the BBQ dragon together.

I like what you are getting at.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!