Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Dinner last night  (Read 1016 times)

bigmikey

• WKC Brave
Dinner last night
« on: December 31, 2016, 05:09:43 AM »
Bacon wrapped stuffed chicken, twice baked potatoes, corn with Sriracha mayo, and a couple of new York strips in the Sous vide at 129 for 8 hours.  Seasoned with Tatonka Dust and seared over the vortex. Beautiful night for cooking outside in December

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Dinner last night
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 05:14:17 AM »
Damn! That's a nice steak. I've seen many SV cook posts lately. Just wondering how you pick how many hours and at what temp to hold until searing? Would 129 @ 4 hours be any different? What did you stuff the chicken with?

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Dinner last night
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2016, 05:30:56 AM »
Looks incredible. It has been some great grilling weather here also. Do you use different cheeses for your potatoes? Your's always look so cheesy (in a good way). I got a SV for Christmas and am looking forward to try it out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigmikey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2016, 05:32:11 AM »
A lot of it depends what my schedule looks like and what type of steak. At 129 I've gone as little as 3 hours or as much as 10 with similar results.  I sous vide with no seasoning, then season and rest about 15 minutes on the counter before the sear. That helps eliminate the gray band a little around the edge. Chicken was bought at the store, one was stuffed with ham and cheese, the other was a fiery 3 cheese blend.

bigmikey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2016, 05:33:03 AM »
Potatoes also came from the store like that😎

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2016, 05:40:32 AM »
Looks like I need to shop at your store. They're putting it down!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bigmikey

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2016, 05:52:40 AM »
Looks like you're in Illinois?  Here's a map of all the Hy Vee grocery stores in Illinois. They have a great selection of stuffed chicken, stuffed pork chops, twice baked potatoes and very good meat and seafood.