Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 64 cent probe grommet  (Read 1149 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
64 cent probe grommet
« on: December 25, 2016, 12:24:43 PM »
Wanted to put a probe grommet on my stacker but did not want to pay for an expensive kit.  Went to Ace Hardware and found a brass sleeve and an e-clip for 64 cents.  Tried drilling the hole only to find my drill bits were useless crap.  This was frustrating.  I thought I would never be able to drill through that tough stainless steel.  Low and behold for Christmas I got a new 1/2" hammer drill and an awesome Titanium Pilot Point Drill Bit Set made by DeWalt.  Nice stainless steel drills and nice and sharp!  Also these drills were non-walking/self-starting.  No tape needed!  Started with an 1/8" pilot hole.  In less than 30 seconds it was through.  Damn!  Next size 1/4"...Went through even faster.  Nice and clean burr free hole.  Installed the sleeve, attached the e-clip...and done.  It was almost too easy.  Happy with the result.  Works for me!

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: 64 cent probe grommet
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 03:12:00 PM »
Now that's a good idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: 64 cent probe grommet
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 08:18:06 AM »
Looks fantastic.  I'm still chicken though. 
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM