Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ash Pan Replikation  (Read 3675 times)

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ash Pan Replikation
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2016, 10:29:30 AM »
I'll be take some for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2016, 12:37:54 PM »
Sounds like you would need to find a partner here who would buy 10-15 of them...or more, so you can ship a bunch of them in one box, then have the person here do the local shipping.  I think that would be the only way to make it cost effective.

I was thinking the same thing Mike.  Then you have the issue of the partner in the US having to find packaging materials to individually ship them.

I agree.  Would have to see how much to it would cost @Bertl to have them made do the cutouts himself, add a little profit then figure shipping to the US or Canada....then figure out the cost of domestic shipping once here.  Would take a little leg work to figure that out, then see how many people want them and get some confirmed orders before making or shipping anything.  And if @Bertl isn't looking to make this into a money make, then maybe he could share some schematics of the pans and someone could look to have them sourced/made here.

Isn't this the perfect thing for a kickstarter campaign where people put up the money ahead of time and once the number of units that are needed to make it a go are set off it gets made.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 01:22:47 PM »
I would be interested too, depending on the cost. I do agree, someone needs to get a bunch shipped to them in the US and someone in Canada and then ship out from there.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »
Looking good dude......
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2016, 08:26:21 PM »
I'd love one for a 26

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2016, 09:13:52 PM »
Sounds like you would need to find a partner here who would buy 10-15 of them...or more, so you can ship a bunch of them in one box, then have the person here do the local shipping.  I think that would be the only way to make it cost effective.

I was thinking the same thing Mike.  Then you have the issue of the partner in the US having to find packaging materials to individually ship them.

I agree.  Would have to see how much to it would cost @Bertl to have them made do the cutouts himself, add a little profit then figure shipping to the US or Canada....then figure out the cost of domestic shipping once here.  Would take a little leg work to figure that out, then see how many people want them and get some confirmed orders before making or shipping anything.  And if @Bertl isn't looking to make this into a money make, then maybe he could share some schematics of the pans and someone could look to have them sourced/made here.

The schematics of the ashpans are trivial. The trick is accuratelt making the stamping and cutout. Ideal case is the cutout and stamping happens simultaneously.

Isn't this the perfect thing for a kickstarter campaign where people put up the money ahead of time and once the number of units that are needed to make it a go are set off it gets made.

Except for Kickstarter takes a pretty big cut. KS is much better for non-niche items with a larger market. Other forums do presales and group buys which imo would be more appropriate for this product.

I'd be interested in buying a lot for distribution, @Bertl. Ping me if/when you want to discuss #'s.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2016, 02:46:28 AM »
I'd be interested on the Canadian end @Bertl .

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2016, 02:57:20 AM »
Today i had a meeting at this factory. It's up to theyr price to start this project!
I hope i am on the right path toward to help all of you!!!!!!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2016, 03:50:42 AM »
Thanks for the update @Bertl.  I hope the overwhelming amount of interest from the WKC hasn't scared you!

Bertl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2016, 04:00:51 AM »
Thanks for the update @Bertl.  I hope the overwhelming amount of interest from the WKC hasn't scared you!

It is jutst contrare @Mr.CPHo. That interest motivated to do it.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
I really wouldn't presume to tell this guy how to run his business.  Let's just see what happens....

Sent from my Moto Z force Droid

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2016, 09:56:35 PM »
I don't believe any of us are doing that.

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2016, 06:40:14 AM »
I would be in for 2...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2016, 08:36:41 AM »
sounds like everyone wants one

but if you don't have it for sale yet, it doesn't belong in member sales.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2016, 09:44:39 AM »
I'm working on making a board stretcher. Which section do I put it in?