Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rib marinade  (Read 1843 times)

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Re: Rib marinade
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »
I don't doubt it at all, that just stuck out to me initially. I'll try it sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
The salt was mine also too. Let me know how you like them when you do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 08:40:54 AM »
I don't doubt it at all, that just stuck out to me initially. I'll try it sometime.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
The salt was mine also too. Let me know how you like them when you do

That's interesting. I'll keep these in mind. Always like trying doing different things. Thanks

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 08:57:59 AM »
When you are competing, you have 30 seconds to nail the judges taste buds. What I served to the judges was jacked up and is NOT what I'd serve to my audience.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 09:44:04 AM »
When you are competing, you have 30 seconds to nail the judges taste buds. What I served to the judges was jacked up and is NOT what I'd serve to my audience.
That's what I've heard with competition. I'd like to one day do some local , but never professionally. You still compete?

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2016, 07:57:44 AM »
I have used Myron's marinade for ribs several times all with great results.  His book if I remember right is high temp but still long (5-6 hours).  That seemed wrong to me so I still use 225-250 for 5-6 hours.  We are making ribs for New Years and going to use the marinade

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
Rib marinade
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2016, 06:59:08 PM »
I have used Myron's marinade for ribs several times all with great results.  His book if I remember right is high temp but still long (5-6 hours).  That seemed wrong to me so I still use 225-250 for 5-6 hours.  We are making ribs for New Years and going to use the marinade
The one I have for baby backs is 3:30 hours i think at 250. I go 4 with mine . Used this marinade on country style ribs and was amazing! Used it twice on BB and will always from here on out

« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 07:01:59 PM by wessonjb »