Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: anyone familiar with this rotisserie?  (Read 2066 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: anyone familiar with this rotisserie?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2016, 08:34:05 AM »
It looks just like the Onlyfire rings.

They are like the old style Weber rings that fit inside the bowl and rest on tabs. So there is a gap between the ring and the bowl.

I have a 22" Stainless steel and a steel 18" rings Rib-O-Lator BOB got to confirm they accept his trays. They do, he was getting requests for non Weber kettle dealers/owners that bought them. But he's a gas grill guy, and for some reason they are now in my garage. I don't have the motors or spits rods so I can't comment on those.

IMO they are made to do what they do, the seat tabs for the bowl are bolt on and they will get the job done. If you realize that the gap (that Weber owners for years accepted but some come to loathe) aids in rotisserie GRILLING and you are good with that then these are a low cost alternative for a Weber ring or if you are a Masterbuilt/Naploleon/Char-Broil etc. kettle owner its your option.

This would be the ring I would suggest to UDS users that want to keep the drum lid but use a kettle lid for rotisserie cooking and not have to modify their can-the ring tabs will fit over the barrel lip.

Hope this helps.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

rober

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2016, 08:57:56 AM »
just curious. i'm actually leaning towards a Cajun bandit rotisserie

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2016, 09:07:25 AM »
just curious. i'm actually leaning towards a Cajun bandit rotisserie

Thats the reason the ones I have are still in the box!

Cajun Bandit all the way!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

rober

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 09:13:09 AM »
I already have a Cajun bandit smoker set up & the quality is top notch & it works great. I have an good one open range & an older heavy gauge OK Joe but for smaller cooks the bandit is my go to smoker.

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 10:17:47 AM »
I have one . It works great but rib o lator does  have a problem with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 11:28:42 AM »

Do you have the adjustable trays?

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:46:44 AM »
Nope

2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 01:40:56 PM »

Do you have the adjustable trays?

Nope

So there lies the root of your Rib-O-Lator woes.

The rolled bottom edge of the Onlyfire rings are on the interior. BAD design on their part if you are using the non adjustable trays.

The only rings on the market at the time were the last of the EZ-Que's, Weber and Cajun Bandit which all have the clearance.

Too bad! Looks like the Onlyfire has a problem with the Rib-O-Lator!

BUYER BEWARE!!!  USE ONLY RIB-O-LATOR ADJUSTABLE TRAYS WITH THE ONLYFIRE RINGS!!!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 01:43:22 PM by swamprb »

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 05:00:08 PM »
If you have the extra cash, get the Cajun Bandit setup. I love it. Quality can't be beat. Battery operated or plug in. Batteries lasted me all summer. Just replaced before thanksgiving turkey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 04:53:47 PM »
Worth it