Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What kind of rotisserie is this?  (Read 1964 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
What kind of rotisserie is this?
« on: December 03, 2016, 05:51:36 PM »
It's been a hard? (If you call kettle collecting hard) week...lost the Chief, then on Thursday had a 2007 Smokey Joe on the line this week, went to meet up, guy was a no show, and he messaged me his roommate sold it, but this morning I was excited to drive 2 hours (St George, Utah) to pick up a rotisserie and grill for $40.  Got there the guy wouldn't take 40...wanted $45...I found out I had been communicating with his wife who wasn't there this morning.  Went to get $5 extra dollars from a grocery nearby, went back not feeling too happy (still a great deal, but annoyed) and picked up he grill (j code black) and roti.  Get home and suddenly look close to realize it's not a weber roti...so what is it?  Still a good deal...but a bit frustrated.  It all works, and I'll give it a try tomorrow! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: What kind of rotisserie is this?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2016, 05:54:53 PM »
Why do you say it's not a Weber?  Old Weber roti rings have the tabs that rest on the outside of the bowl like yours. The previous owner may have just replaced the motor/skewer.
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
STILL, a rotisserie AND a grill for $45?... Great deal!! as long as the roti works, SCORE!  (sorry bout the chief) it has it issues, but still a cooker! 
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2016, 06:01:01 PM »
Here's an old thread that has a lot of pictures of old roti rings.  To me it looks like you at least have a Weber ring.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/let's-talk-rotisserie/
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2016, 06:10:07 PM »
Got there the guy wouldn't take 40...wanted $45...I found out I had been communicating with his wife who wasn't there this morning.  Went to get $5 extra dollars from a grocery nearby, went back not feeling too happy (still a great deal, but annoyed)

Great deal, but what kind of a dick makes someone leave and go find a cash machine for $5 extra for an old grill???   I would have shown him the text messages and if he didn't honor that, then he can eat dirt and keep the damn thing.

Having said that, nice kettle!
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »
Looks like the One Grill motor with a 110v adapter. I've been using the battery operated motors for a few years with no complaints. If it doesn't work take it apart and lube the gears and give it try.
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2016, 07:41:46 PM »
Hey guys, thanks!  I'm excited to use it...this morning I was NOT happy when he wanted the extra $5...he was an older gentleman and I didn't want to argue over $5...the asking price on Craigslist was originally $45, and apparently he and his wife hadn't communicated that I had offered less, then she and I agreed at $40.  @swamprb thanks for the heads up, the engine is loud, and I might try that to quiet it down.  @Neil_VT00 thank you for the link and info!  I appreciate it!  Tomorrow I'm either going to do a pork belly or a bbq'd chuck roast!  @varekai I settled down a bit this evening...whiskey will do that...and I'm and I'm pretty happy now since  I've got a buyer lined up for the kettle (in the pic I put the roti on my old brownie), so in all, it should come out to $25!

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2016, 06:28:46 AM »
Yeah man it looks like a weber ring to me too.
How's the motor mount to the ring?
I picked up a red the other day and when I got there the lady said she used to have a rotisserie for it but couldn't find the ring. She gave me the motor and forks and spit rod though.
I haven't tried the motor yet, but you're welcome to it if you want