Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone Refill 1lb Performer Gas Tanks  (Read 3508 times)

johnny 2 shack

• WKC Ranger
Re: Anyone Refill 1lb Performer Gas Tanks
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2016, 11:15:16 AM »
yea I use propane , light my chimney all the time with it , but way to scary for me to attempt re-filling them .

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2016, 11:34:30 AM »
yea I use propane , light my chimney all the time with it , but way to scary for me to attempt re-filling them .
Don't smoke while refilling ... feel for your friend.  I accidentally set myself on fire with model airplane fuel 13 yrs ago. Took me a LONG LONG time to get over shakes an cold sweats any time I messed with flames. Luckily for me majority of 3rd degree burns are covered  with clothes.
Search of Blue or Green MBH

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 12:14:43 PM »
@Jeepin79 , here's the video, such as it is..lol  I used my gopro and a headband mount. I can only imagine what my neighbors thought. Anyway, I think you'll get the jist. Just remember, do it outside, plenty of fresh air and AWAY from flames or ignition sources (i.e. water heater or cigarette). Good Luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KoWD0VNPE&feature=youtu.be
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Jeepin79

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 01:02:58 PM »
@Jeepin79 , here's the video, such as it is..lol  I used my gopro and a headband mount. I can only imagine what my neighbors thought. Anyway, I think you'll get the jist. Just remember, do it outside, plenty of fresh air and AWAY from flames or ignition sources (i.e. water heater or cigarette). Good Luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2KoWD0VNPE&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the video, pretty straight forward as I thought.  I have two 1lb bottles at the moment both with gas still in them so it will be a little while before I fill them but I dont anticipate having any issue. 

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 02:31:57 PM »
I watched the video after reading your instructions - IMHO it is easier & safer to put the green tank in the freezer overnight and just filling it as far as it goes NOT messing with the xs-pressure valve & a hemostat.  I don't need to lose any more friends  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 08:04:27 PM »
@Red Kettle Rich , you are totally correct, and when its all said and done, who cares if its truly "full", still did it yourself AND saved money! Thanks for your input on this also.
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.