Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decisions...  (Read 4580 times)

Easy

• WKC Brave
Re: Decisions...
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 04:52:15 PM »
Jeff it looks very good hey it has to get up to 40 one of these days. Congrats on the cart.
Enjoy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 05:29:21 PM »
Looks great @jeffrackmo
I'll have to check it out tomorrow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2016, 06:02:45 PM »
in WHAT universe did they make a SSP WSM??!!...LOL...Sweet!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2016, 06:37:57 PM »
Only in my little corner @varekai.   😊
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2016, 06:39:56 PM »
Cool corner dude!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2016, 12:47:22 AM »
Love it!  any pics of the wood platform, specifically how you assembled it?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2016, 05:42:35 AM »

Still need a few parts but should be funtional.  Need the Weber badge for the front panel and a plug insert for the handle.  The clamps I picked up were a bit too big. Took those back today  She sits pretty stable.  I may not use clamps...   eh...  who knows.   

You may already know this, but Ace Hardware carries the square tube plug inserts.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 04:23:57 PM »
Thanks for the reminder @haeffb!  Will hit that tomorrow...
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 06:31:45 PM »
Love it!  any pics of the wood platform, specifically how you assembled it?
No pics unfortunately of the build.  It was rather simple once i wrapped my head aroud what i needed to do.

3 - 6 foot of Cedar 1x6 fence stock dog ear boards.

6 - self tapping SS screws to mount the shelf to the frame.  (The lower supports and wire rack were mia when i picked up the ssp.)

A generous handful of exterior grade screws.

Cut all of the fence stock to 48 inches.
Cut 2 of the remaining pieces to 18 inches.

Used 2 of the  remaining pieces of stock to shore up the shelf.  Squared up the shelf to be 18 inches wide with  compression clamps  and fastened the 2 pieces to all three lengths of the shelf.

Centered the shelf on the supports, Squared up and ran the self tappers into the shelf supports on the frame front and rear.

I woke up all kinds of excited to get this done on Saturday am...    therefore no pics of the build.  Just the finished project.   

Still some work to do and parts to get.  But it was fun just the same.   All in , i am in for this project at 20 for the ssp, 9.55 for.the shelf parts.   Sold the ssp red bowl and lid and now i am in for a whopping total of....  $4.55.  Fun project and frugal build.  AND got to meet another local grill fella!  Pretty productive weekend i'd say...   

AND spun up an amazing bird as well!@
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 06:43:13 PM by jeffrackmo »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »
Looks great. Functional and good looking.  Good job!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM