Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle transportation needed ( From Bay Area Ca to Santa Maria Ca)  (Read 2791 times)

Cellar2ful

With a lot of people traveling to visit relatives for the Holidays, is there anyone that is traveling from or through the San Francisco Bay Area to Santa Maria / Paso Robles area? @Vwbuggin64 is anxiously awaiting for a 26" flat top I have for him.  ZZ top and Vwbuggin64 would be very appreciative of anyone that would be willing to let it ride with them.  Travel safe.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

dazzo

• WKC Performer
Re: Kettle transportation needed ( From Bay Area Ca to Santa Maria Ca)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 08:32:49 AM »

The PR to SF express may be running in Dec. to pick up some CI

Talk to Darin @varekai

Dude, relax your chicken.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2016, 10:55:42 AM »

@dazzo - Thanks Rick.  I sent Darin a PM but wanted to see if anyone was traveling south sooner. 

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 01:37:14 PM »
Yes this would be very much appreciated! I'll even throw in (if the transporter so chooses) a 22in Bar-B-Q kettle to help add to their collection. I can travel up to San Luis (my bug HATES the grade).  Thanks to @Cellar2ful for starting this post.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 02:06:48 PM »
It looks as though i will be up in frisco AFTER Christmas and driving a Ford Fusion, if the 26 breaks down I may be able to fit it in... I will definitely give it my best shot... barring nothing else I'll just make a day run up to frisco for some coffee and fortune cookies. I'll keep you all posted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 11:32:03 PM »
It looks as though i will be up in frisco AFTER Christmas and driving a Ford Fusion, if the 26 breaks down I may be able to fit it in... I will definitely give it my best shot... barring nothing else I'll just make a day run up to frisco for some coffee and fortune cookies. I'll keep you all posted!!

Sweet thanks Darin for the rescue yet again (if you can fit it in the fusion of course). You will be handsomely rewarded for your efforts.
Rollin coal

22" 81 B (Faded Black), 22" 86 H (Black),91 N SJ (black), 18" 65 (Red), 12 AU Tostito SJ , 22" CU (Copper), 22” (Brown)Happy Cooker, Q2000 Charcoal, Weber Spirit, 22in Yellow, 18"WSM, Happy cooker SJ

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:07:03 AM »
@Vwbuggin64 , no problem dude!!  I was talking with dazzo yesterday, and we thought this was a great idea to post your destination and see if anybody needs any help getting an item to or from the area you'll be in. I'm going to try and locate my car top carrier bag today, that way I'll for sure be able to get the 26. And congrats on that!!

CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 09:39:45 PM »
@Cellar2ful , can you get the grill down to dazzo in the next couple weeks? I may be coming up there so I can bring my truck to pick up my hibachi that rick picked up for me and get Vwbuggin his grill before christmas. Let me know... I'm headed to bakersfield to get my 26 this saturday, and would like to run up your way on the 10th.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2016, 07:30:41 AM »

@Vwbuggin64, @varekai, @dazzo -   I will make it happen Darin.  Thanks for your assist in relocating ZZ Top.  I will have it broken down for you and I will get in contact with Dazzo.

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2016, 02:36:45 PM »

@Vwbuggin64, @varekai, @dazzo -   I will make it happen Darin.  Thanks for your assist in relocating ZZ Top.  I will have it broken down for you and I will get in contact with Dazzo.

This is why I love the club. everyone helping out. I really appreciate the effort everyone has put forth.
Rollin coal

Cellar2ful

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2016, 09:29:29 AM »

@varekai, @Vwbuggin64, @dazzo - As of this morning, ZZ slant top 26" is at Dazzo's house, awaiting extraction by Darin.  Pleasure meeting you Rick and thank you for allowing me to drop it off real early to beat the Raider Nation traffic.

New quote - "It takes a community to relocate a kettle"

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2016, 12:04:55 PM »
@Cellar2ful . @dazzo  and @Vwbuggin64 :   Rick, my plans are to drive up next saturday to gather up the goodies. LOL  Let me know if thats ok with you and if there is a particular time you prefer. @Cellar2ful , nice new quote! I guess everybody just wants to touch it before it gets "home"...LOL

Vwbuggin64

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2016, 07:15:04 PM »
It's just awesome the monumentous movement for a kettle. Thank you all
Rollin coal