Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Decisions...  (Read 4579 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Decisions...
« on: November 14, 2016, 12:58:30 AM »
Okay fellas, I was cleaning up the WSM after the last cook.  Took it apart cleaned it up and out of the corner of my eye, I see one of my projects. 

I have an idea... 

i already have a red head SSP. So i think i may just sell/trade the read head bowl.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 04:10:46 AM by jeffrackmo »
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Decisions...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2016, 01:44:22 AM »
i think it will look real good, and if that red is in good shape, I'd like a crack at it to replace my black performer bowl.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2016, 01:51:05 AM »
I had a SSP cart laying around, I would definitely do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 02:34:18 AM »
Cool...  I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile, just waiting on the right donor SSP.  Go for it! 

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2016, 06:16:48 AM »
I did this same thing with a old frame i picked up , have extended the lower self a bit more and it works great.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2016, 06:26:47 PM »
I did this same thing with a old frame i picked up , have extended the lower self a bit more and it works great.
Awesome!!!  I am planning on making the lower shelf, 18 x 38 using either cedat 1x6 lumber or 1x6 yellawood.       My plans are still on the drawing board.  Can you share a few pics if you have any?
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 06:33:30 PM »
I used cedar fencing for mine but when that goes away due to weather I will look at using expanded metal with a square tube frame . Much stronger and would last for like ever.
I am also looking for a good deal on a older early 2000's weber gaser with a side burner so I could always have a chimney starter light source. Just need to be patient.
I will try to get you a couple photos and email them to you shoot your address please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Speedster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 06:40:42 PM »
I'm interested in buying the bowl. How much and where u located.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Webers rule

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 04:08:01 AM »
@Speedster  the bowl and lid have 3 fellas interested.  I will let you know what the out come is.    This is the fun part!!  all these parts making their way back to "Kettle-Hood"....  Thanks for the interest!!

On the same thought...   Thinking of using small vertical clamps mounted to the shelf to secure the base/bowl legs to the shelf.  Just position the base and lock it in.  When its time to clean it up... Just take the WSM down and release the clamps, dump the bowl and there a ya go... I found them on harbor freight for under $5.00 US....  May just have to pick up three of them. 

@Easy thanks for the Cedar Idea!!  I think that is the way I will go. 

Do you fellas think that the heat from the bowl would be an issue?   I have a close friend that can source some Stainless steel for under the bowl/base.   Would that be overkill or would a trimmed "Grill Mat" work?  I just hope this doesn't become a "Tank"...

Take it away....

Thanks!

J

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2016, 04:49:02 AM »
Jettrackmo

If you text me your email I can firward you a few pictures with measurements @ 859-609-4001

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2016, 05:52:53 AM »
@Easy Sent...

Thanks 

Easy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 01:25:37 PM »
@Easy Sent...

Thanks
Jeff
Check the number I did not get your text.
Easy

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »
@jeffrackmo Is that an 18 or 22 inch WSM? 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 10:29:17 AM »
RKR. That would be an 18

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
RKR. That would be an 18
Okay gang..

I braved the cold and worked on the ssp / WSM cart project.

From this...

To this...

Still need a few parts but should be funtional.  Need the Weber badge for the front panel and a plug insert for the handle.  The clamps I picked up were a bit too big. Took those back today  She sits pretty stable.  I may not use clamps...   eh...  who knows.   

Anyhoo thanks @easy for the pics of yours and the encouragement.  Hope to get a cook or two on her very soon.  Even Mrs grillfella was impressed...  [emoji6]