Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Picking Up This Lime Green Crate and Barrell Performer Tomorrow  (Read 2617 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Picking Up This Lime Green Crate and Barrell Performer Tomorrow
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2016, 10:28:49 AM »
Picked her up this morning.  A little cleaning and she'll be shining. Came with a mini Weber chimney, a Performer cover and a bag of lump.
A few notes:
All the pictures of lime green crate and barrel performers that I'd seen had black ash buckets.  This one has a silver aluminum one.

It also has the new master touch Grate system with the removable center.

There's a little chipping around the front lid bale holder with some overspray as if it was shipped that way.  Also quite of bit of overspray on the black part that attaches to the frame. (I only notice this upon close inspection and doubt anyone but a grillfella would notice)

Here are the before pics -

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2016, 10:34:56 AM »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2016, 10:48:30 AM »
For anyone wondering if the STOK attachments will fit in the gourmet grate system hole,  it appears to be too big.
I tried it with the cast iron dutch oven and it did not seat in the groove of the STOK DO.  It went right down through.  For the DO that would probably still be OK but I believe the other STOK attachments are intended to sit in a certain sized groove.
Here's some pics from my test -

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2016, 06:38:29 PM »
So jealous.  Green with envy.

That is a beautiful grill.  I love the dark gray metal table with the lime bowl. Great mod.  Post pics when it's done.

Whit