Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: No good varmints! Where to go to get a replacement propane hose banded on?  (Read 1230 times)

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
So after an extraordinarily hot summer, the fall cool weather is definitely emerging.  I went to fire up my Weber Flame LP firepit the other day, anticipating having a couple pops on the deck and relaxing by the fire, and a freakin' varmint ate a hole in the rubber hose! I've been in this house 10 years, with lots of grills rotating through, and never had that happen, until this year.  Now I had my Genesis hose chewed up, which I replaced with a braided steel hose, a few months ago and now noticed the firepit hose chewed. I assumed that the first one was maybe because some grease or other varmint treats had dripped onto the hose, but the damn firepit wasn't near a grill and was covered!  Worse, the replacement part is unavailable (and I don't know if it is the same level of regulator as the universal replacements, or if there's a universal replacement with that kind of fitting).

Given that, does anybody know where to go to have a new (hopefully steel) hose added to the regulator and fittings. I feel like I've heard that this is a thing, but don't really know what kind of shop to go to to do it.

Poorfolks

• WKC Brave

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Sounds like you've got rubavores.

Wrap the hose in foil and see if stops them from eating another one.

An RV repair should have the stuff to fix you up, or you can buy a kit from a welding supply.

Rumor is that porcupines like eating rubber hoses, wire coatings, car tires...yada.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Call some place that makes hoses and tubes for industrial equipment. Ask if they can make a gas line. If so, they can make one as long of short as you want
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.