Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First Logo Kettle Purchase  (Read 5090 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
First Logo Kettle Purchase
« on: March 29, 2013, 10:00:26 AM »
This popped up and it has a logo, "Schmidt Beer". Was a staple beer here back in the day. It is also Red, so how could I not? Both are discontinued... Picking it up after work.** Correction, Schmidt Beer is still available, I find out **

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:17:55 AM by glrasmussen »

AngelB

• WKC Brave
Re: First Logo Kettle Purchase
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 10:16:04 AM »
Nice!  8)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 10:19:31 AM »
Nice score, Greg!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:02:15 AM »
Ive never seen that logo before...AND on a red.  Nice score!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:00 AM »
Great score!!!!

We should come up with a huge thread of photos of logo Webers.  I'd be very interested in seeing all of em.  Hundreds have to exist. 

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 11:33:13 AM »
Great score!!!!

We should come up with a huge thread of photos of logo Webers.  I'd be very interested in seeing all of em.  Hundreds have to exist.

Excellent idea, Smooth.
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »
Nice score! I love a Redhead ;D
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 07:10:52 PM »
Nice redhead! And a daisy wheel to boot!  :D

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
*** Update *** First Logo Kettle Purchase
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 09:31:11 PM »
This popped up and it has a logo, "Schmidt Beer". Was a staple beer here back in the day. It is also Red, so how could I not? Both are discontinued... Picking it up after work.** Correction, Schmidt Beer is still available, I find out **

Sorry for the late post. I did pick the this up tonight. Need some help from WKC Grillafella's.
I received this from the original owner. Great guy, was surprised I showed up clean an not in a
beater pick-up truck. Now, here is where things don't make sense...Owner received this at the
opening of the "Landmark Brewery", formally the Schmidt Brewery. I am sure it is closed now.
It is RED and Daisy wheel vents, but an "EO". Should be a OTS?

Cleaning to follow...

Top Lid. It say's Schmidt's, that was he original name of the beer before it became Schmidt.

The bottom, all vents are marked "EO". It has the assembly of a 22" WSM with screws...

Now the triangle, it is powder coated black, as is the axle.

Owner said this is exactly how he received it. Told him about the Kettle Hobby, was happy it
was to a home it would be appreciated.(He had a Red Kettle he gifted to a family member, when he received this one, he just purchased a G/A Performer, talked him into using the gas assist...)

What is going on? First a Weber Gas Performer(Treat it well Ed), Pre 79 Yellow with a "D" stamp and now this?

« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 09:46:18 PM by glrasmussen »

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 10:44:29 PM »
Greg, it's almost like stray dogs at my place, they just seem to know where to go.  You just keep getting the rare ones because it almost like they know where to go, where someone will take them in. And if need be, find a good home for them. 

EO is 95, but I did not see black base triangles until 2011.  But just like that Snap On SJ, Weber will do special things for private lable runs.  But EO on all the vents seems overkill.  Why go through the trouble of switching bowl vents out?  Very strange.   
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 10:52:04 PM by reillyranch »

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
First Logo Kettle Purchase
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:11:21 AM »
Here's a picture of my '98 redhead that has the screws in the bottom vents and all have an EZ stamp in them. Is that not common? I believe they are original

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »
Here's a picture of my '98 redhead that has the screws in the bottom vents and all have an EZ stamp in them. Is that not common? I believe they are original

I don't have answer. I have an EZ S/S, it has a OT system.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2013, 08:03:36 PM »
Nice find, that logo on that grill is probably worth more than the others because it's very rare.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 09:00:41 PM »
This is a bit if a bump, but I was looking for info on black triangles.  I have a P code red head daisy wheeler that has what I believe is an original black triangle.  That is somewhat interesting. It seems maybe there were years after the OT system was introduced where the bar b kettles had black triangles?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2013, 04:44:00 AM »
This is a bit if a bump, but I was looking for info on black triangles.  I have a P code red head daisy wheeler that has what I believe is an original black triangle.  That is somewhat interesting. It seems maybe there were years after the OT system was introduced where the bar b kettles had black triangles?

G$, there was just recently one like mine posted, I believe with the same stamp code. I am wonder if the black triangle was only with the daisy wheel variety and not available with the OTS.