Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Vent code dates  (Read 23557 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Vent code dates
« Reply #75 on: March 25, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »

Marty's looks great !!!

I would just standardize the size & plunk them in order on maybe a separate thread, but blocking them out like that looks way cool........ 8)

On an even more astounding note.....I clean some of my fucking vents & I THINK I came up with a White Rabbit ~~~ >

There's some scratching around it, so the picture doesn't quite convey what I'm pretty sure I'm seeing in person.....a sideways "C"
from a double rivet OTS Redhead I got with the skewers & tater racks......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
Vent code dates
« Reply #76 on: March 25, 2013, 05:04:32 PM »
I'm sure these have already been posted but I can't help but post anyway!

Grey/Silver N 1991

Red 1998 EZ

Green DT

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: March 25, 2013, 06:06:22 PM »

That's Ok, just stick 'em up & we can pick the clearest photo, or maybe show several different colors from the same year..... ;D

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2013, 06:13:08 PM »
Reilly...the paint job on the 56 is awesome.  Id like to see more of that one.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #79 on: March 25, 2013, 06:14:08 PM »

Marty's looks great !!!

I would just standardize the size & plunk them in order on maybe a separate thread, but blocking them out like that looks way cool........ 8)

On an even more astounding note.....I clean some of my fucking vents & I THINK I came up with a White Rabbit ~~~ >

There's some scratching around it, so the picture doesn't quite convey what I'm pretty sure I'm seeing in person.....a sideways "C"
This version should be pre date code. About 1976-1977, I thought for sure my '78 Warrior (pictured earlier in the thread) had an A in it from the pics until I actually took delivery of it. Though, a pre '79 yellow 22.5 recently scored on here has a sideways "D" right before "WEBER STEPHEN PRODUCTS" on that vent. So, anything's possible..  :-\
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:17:04 PM by Craig »

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2013, 06:17:55 PM »

Thought about that, wasn't sure.....I just like seein' the Virgin Mary on my grubby kettles...... ;D

when did one touch start ?

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »

Thought about that, wasn't sure.....I just like seein' the Virgin Mary on my grubby kettles...... ;D

Between 1982 and 1983, Still havn't seen a "D" example of one yet, only "E" so far......

The Virgin Mary has me thinking of R. Lee Ermey somwhere saying in character as Sgt. Hartman " I WANT THAT KETTLE SO CLEANED AND SQUARED AWAY THAT THE VIRGIN MARY HERSELF WOULD BE PROUD TO COOK A BURGER ON IT!"
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 06:25:51 PM by Craig »

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2013, 06:45:52 PM »
... and be in focus.
You demand a lot!
kettles, smokers...

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #83 on: March 25, 2013, 07:16:16 PM »
We are the WKC! Rescue. Restore. Respect. No Excuses. And use the macro setting on those photos. And give me some room to crop around the full diameter of the vent dammit!

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2013, 07:37:27 PM »

So Marty, are we puttin' up here or sending to you?

WTF is a macro setting ?
.....not trying to be difficult, just that I always use 640x480, per demands of Smoke Ring.....

Is that the extra BIG size?

& also, just to be clear, you're taking on this paticular cat herding?

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #85 on: March 25, 2013, 07:39:04 PM »

Between 1982 and 1983, Still havn't seen a "D" example of one yet, only "E" so far......

The Virgin Mary has me thinking of R. Lee Ermey somwhere saying in character as Sgt. Hartman " I WANT THAT KETTLE SO CLEANED AND SQUARED AWAY THAT THE VIRGIN MARY HERSELF WOULD BE PROUD TO COOK A BURGER ON IT!"

This thing's a One Touch, does that change things....?

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: March 25, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »
Yeah Buckie, to do a good printable poster-sized version, I'll need a larger format file, about 1200 x 1200 square. (4" x 4") Macro allows better focus at close distances, so you get all the details. Most cameras today have that function built in, and sometimes the AUTO setting takes care of it. Not sure if cell-phone cameras are there yet. You can send photos to me here at home: mgierke at mac dot com (or a PM through the site) and I'll make the best of whatever you have. If I grab 'em from the web, they come in at 75dpi, and are pretty fuzzy when I try to use 'em for a project like this.

Happy to do this - I love the history, the stories, and having a hand in the preservation of this iconic brand. If that means herding cats, then so be it. I know when to say when.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #87 on: March 25, 2013, 08:39:30 PM »

Marty's looks great !!!

This version should be pre date code. About 1976-1977, I thought for sure my '78 Warrior (pictured earlier in the thread) had an A in it from the pics until I actually took delivery of it. Though, a pre '79 yellow 22.5 recently scored on here has a sideways "D" right before "WEBER STEPHEN PRODUCTS" on that vent. So, anything's possible..  :-\

Well here is the"D" that makes no sense. Arlington Heights...
Makes me wonder if the "D" was for Demo?

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: March 26, 2013, 04:07:25 AM »
WTC rocks!  We are up to so much here it's amazing.  There are T-shirts, patches, now posters. A WTC man (and woman) can know and show what they got. 

Once the graphics are set I can see coffee mugs and key chains next. 

Thanks MartyG for taking this project on, I will reshoot some of the vent codes I have in macro setting and send them to your email. 

« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 04:09:07 AM by reillyranch »

Craig

• WKC Mod
Vent code dates
« Reply #89 on: March 26, 2013, 04:07:52 AM »
Quote from: glrasmussen link=topic

Well here is the"D" that makes no sense. Arlington Heights...
Makes me wonder if the "D" was for Demo?
[IMG
http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/jj623/glrasmussen/YellowTopDaisy_zps5d6fd4c6.jpg[/img]

That could very well have been a demo kettle. Maybe used at a home and garden show in the 70s then sold off? It's always fun to speculate a single kettle's true lineage.