Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Special Edition Master Touch purchase.  (Read 6540 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Be Warned - Special Edition Master Touch purchase.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 08:30:15 AM »
While I get that there is a legitimate issue here, let's please refrain from turning this thread into a Weber bashing thread. Or talk about dropping bombs later on as it were. Weber DOES monitor our site. They are listening to the community. I'm not trying to minimize anyone's issues or gripes but let's not let an unfortunate one-off turn the view of or sites namesake into a bash fest. Greenweb I am sorry about your MT. I do hope it gets resolved amicably.

Yes, lets not turn it into Weber bashing. That is not my intention. I am still a big Weber fan and love all my Weber grills. Nothing changes except no more buying new grills.  IMO, we should be free to discuss good or bad experiences. It could help to improve Weber as a whole if needed.  I am only posted this since it affects others with same kettles.

I PMed back Troy regards to other issue with Weber.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 09:16:19 AM by greenweb »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2016, 09:28:08 AM »

While I get that there is a legitimate issue here, let's please refrain from turning this thread into a Weber bashing thread. Or talk about dropping bombs later on as it were. Weber DOES monitor our site. They are listening to the community. I'm not trying to minimize anyone's issues or gripes but let's not let an unfortunate one-off turn the view of or sites namesake into a bash fest. Greenweb I am sorry about your MT. I do hope it gets resolved amicably.

Sorry if this came from my post but I'm simply trying to make the point that my experience has been good so far and I hope it continues to be. If Weber customers can't rely on great customer service then why continue to buy Weber? In my opinion your product can be an average product but if you have excellent customer service then it makes all the difference. I hope it works out for our friends who bought these nice looking MT grills. Not bashing Weber at all. Love their product and their service. My apologies to the club.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »

Yes, lets not turn it into Weber bashing. That is not my intention. I am still a big Weber fan and love all my Weber grills. Nothing changes except no more buying new grills.  IMO, we should be free to discuss good or bad experiences. It could help to improve Weber as a whole if needed.  I am only posted this since it affects others with same kettles.

I PMed back Troy regards to other issue with Weber.

This forum is, and will remain open to discuss all things weber. That includes product, brand, customer service. And it includes both positive and negative experiences.

My biggest concern is presentation and interpretation.
Greenweb's story will be one-sided, no matter how objective and honest he is in his wording.
We WILL NOT hear Weber's side of the story, but that will not prevent negative bandwagoning and unwarranted brand tarnishing.

I'm not saying that Weber is in the right, nor am I saying Greenweb is right or wrong.
I'm just saying that this needs to be observed and interpreted as a situation and not a falling sky fiasco.

I do ask that weber employee names are left out of discussion.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2016, 01:13:23 PM »
Thanks for the warning!
I don't think I could ever bring myself to cook on an ivory

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2016, 01:29:02 PM »

I don't think I could ever bring myself to cook on an ivory

Same here. If I had a new ivory or spring green it would just sit in the corner of the dining room.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2016, 06:13:44 AM »
Exchanged the Ivory. Very happy with the new one now. On the way back, picked up Crimson SJ.

Also picked up Weber Fire Place for a song few weeks ago.  Wasn't sure if it was Weber or not at the time with no marking showing on the handles. I low balled him and got it for $15.   Few days ago, got an e-mail from the seller.  He found the receipt for $170 out the door and it is indeed a Weber.  I intent to use it also as open fire cooker similar to Santa Maria attachment.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2016, 06:48:30 AM »
Exchanged the Ivory. Very happy with the new one now. On the way back, picked up Crimson SJ.

Also picked up Weber Fire Place for a song few weeks ago.  Wasn't sure if it was Weber or not at the time with no marking showing on the handles. I low balled him and got it for $15.   Few days ago, got an e-mail from the seller.  He found the receipt for $170 out the door and it is indeed a Weber.  I intent to use it also as open fire cooker similar to Santa Maria attachment.

I've never seen a crimson SJ, can you post some pics?
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2016, 06:49:31 AM »
Wow, would love to see more pics of the fireplace.  Nice pick ups!
Hope the ivory replacement works out for ya!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2016, 06:57:14 AM »

[/quote]

I got all this for $30

Needs some clean up but overall very good shape.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2016, 07:11:55 AM »

They were available in... you ready for this... Canada!  ;D

Some of us in the US were able to get our hands on them.......
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2016, 07:28:10 AM »
Wow, would love to see more pics of the fireplace.  Nice pick ups!
Hope the ivory replacement works out for ya!

Another project of mine.  This thing is huge.

Open fire cooker similar to this is what I have in mind.

New Ivory is how it should be.  I am very happy with it.  Thanks!

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2016, 07:39:37 AM »
Very very cool, still haven't seen one of those fireplaces in person, but it's definitely on the "Want List".  I can imagine that will get a lot of use during the colder months.

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2016, 08:00:07 AM »
I'm dying for a crimson!!!  Online they're all $$$$ ... what gives!?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2016, 08:04:25 AM »
Great score. Congrats. Glad everything worked out re the ivory Mastertouch.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2016, 08:12:17 AM »
Nice score, glad you got your new ivory !!!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app