Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Briskets on the Ranch Kettle  (Read 1402 times)

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
Briskets on the Ranch Kettle
« on: September 29, 2016, 02:07:16 AM »
A while back, I purchased a couple of those “prime” full packer cut briskets from Costco and hadn’t cooked one yet and I also had a couple of nice brisket flats to cook from and for a neighbor so a cook was born. And since I am always looking for an excuse to use the Ranch Kettle, I decided to just add a slab of ribs to kinda fill it up a little and give it a go.

I trimmed the briskets and then injected them and added a rub and placed them into bags for an overnight stay in the fridge.

Early the next morning at about 5:00am, I got the meat out of the bags, and then prepped a slab of St. Louis cut spares, and placed it all on the kettle.

Was a cold and rainy day for most of the cook and the Ranch Kettle did a fine job with this smaller load of meat.

Wrapped the ribs at about 3-1/2 hours into the cook. I also wrapped the briskets with Rick’s Sinful Marinade as soon as they were ready and completed the cook in about 8-1/4 hours.

The results of the cook and it did come out quite well. That cooker is a blast to run!!

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: Briskets on the Ranch Kettle
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 05:23:43 AM »
Looks fantastic  !!!  Excellent job !!    .....curious here...how much charcoal did this cook take ? 
Search of Blue or Green MBH

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 07:04:58 AM »
I used one 14 pound bag of Stubb's charcoal for the cook.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:56:44 AM »
Dang that looks gooood! Nicely done Old Dave!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:04:04 PM »
Wow! looks delicious.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 02:09:27 PM »
Man, that's a lot of real estate! I wishing had the room for one of them bad mama jamas! Very nice cool man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2016, 10:05:20 PM »
Looking good!
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 12:35:33 PM »
I hope the brisket was all jiggly!!  Looks fantastic!!!
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...