Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lunch on the discounted SJ  (Read 3757 times)

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
Re: Lunch on the discounted SJ
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2016, 04:29:28 AM »
 ;D Good thinking!!!

Hetron

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 06:39:37 AM »
How do you like the Weber Chicago steak seasoning?  Have you ever tried Penzey's Chicago steak???

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 06:44:24 AM »
How do you like the Weber Chicago steak seasoning?  Have you ever tried Penzey's Chicago steak???
I really like it. I also use it on my burgers. Penzey's Chicago Steak seasoning I have not tried. I'm not sure if it's sold around here. Have you tried it? You like?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2016, 10:16:10 AM »
That's a really cool idea.  Unfortunately, I'm currently on a cooker freeze with the wife.
I am too! At the moment she doesn't know that I just bought the SJ. I can hide that one in my shed!

LOL You guy that need to hide it from the wife! If my wife ever said anything about my grills I would tell her.... Got to go she just got home.... ;)
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 10:29:02 AM »
That's a really cool idea.  Unfortunately, I'm currently on a cooker freeze with the wife.
I am too! At the moment she doesn't know that I just bought the SJ. I can hide that one in my shed!

LOL You guy that need to hide it from the wife! If my wife ever said anything about my grills I would tell her.... Got to go she just got home.... ;)
Now that's playing with fire!

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2016, 11:00:19 AM »
@Bustin Butt ...LMAO I do the same thing (Hide them) just got another SJ today from a yard sale. I'll hide it behind the garage ;D.
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2016, 12:09:13 PM »
@Bustin Butt ...LMAO I do the same thing (Hide them) just got another SJ today from a yard sale. I'll hide it behind the garage ;D.
Now that's what I'm talking about Junior! You gotta do what a man gotta do! We need to start a support group for obsessive kettle disorder OKD! Cheers[emoji482]

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »
Great buy and awesome cook.  I like the idea of using a firebrick in the SJ!  I can't believe after all the uses that firebricks have when it comes to kettles that I haven't picked up any yet.  Congrats on retirement!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2016, 02:02:51 PM »
Great buy and awesome cook.  I like the idea of using a firebrick in the SJ!  I can't believe after all the uses that firebricks have when it comes to kettles that I haven't picked up any yet.  Congrats on retirement!
Thanks Mike! That brick makes a great two zone cooking area for the SJ.  I pour my hot coals on one side of the kettle and then center the brick, but lean it on the coals so the grill grate fits properly. I was amazed as to how well that worked.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:16 PM »
Love cooking on my SJ.  It's so simple and fun!  It's small and versatile. 
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2016, 06:43:55 PM »
Love cooking on my SJ.  It's so simple and fun!  It's small and versatile.
Definitely! It's my dedicated lunch mate when it's only me I'm cooking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk