Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Looftlighter  (Read 4278 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Looftlighter
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:31:50 AM »
Got a Looftlighter in the mail yesterday from my sister and brother in law.  It is an awesome accessory.  I gave it a quick test run on a small pile of coals about the amount I would light when smoking and it took about 2 minutes for me to have all of the coals fully lit.  For dinner I was doing steaks so I used it again this time with a Slow-n-Sear filled with KBB.  It took me 7-8 minutes to have all of the coals lit.  I tried to take a video but it cut off due to lack of space on my phone.  I'll clear up some space and do a video on my next cook.

I'll do a more detailed review once I can get a video and use it a few more times.  So far I am really impressed!

« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 08:33:22 AM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Looftlighter
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 11:15:27 AM »
Looks interesting.  Watched a couple of youtube videos.  Kind of cool but pricey. ( $64 and up)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 11:17:06 AM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 11:30:12 PM »
Oh it looks slightly different then the one I had a few years back. That's a good sign ;)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 03:51:45 PM »
Thanks Mike! Is it forced hot air or do you place it in he coals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:59 AM »
Wonder if it has a warning label "do not use in bathtub"  LOL

Sent from my LGLS990 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 05:32:31 AM »
Wonder if it has a warning label "do not use in bathtub"  LOL

Sent from my LGLS990 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Well... If it does have that warning... You know....   SOMEONE SOMEWHERE tried to do just that!!!!

If you have tried to use Your Lootlighter in the baht tub...  You might be a (Insert appropriate Personality here)!!!

Thanks for posting the short review.  Can't wait to see your video!!!

Jeff 
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:10 AM »
I will be taking a lot of notes and some videos so I can do a full review of it.  I've been out of town the last few weeks for vacation and work but am back home with my grills now, so I should be able to start doing a lot of testing now!  Stay tuned!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2016, 09:05:51 AM »
Looks interesting. 

Apparently Alton Brown uses one along with his redhead mastertouch. See it in action at 2:00 in the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5y2voEWJ6U
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 09:07:30 AM by Neil_VT00 »
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2016, 09:26:55 AM »
Agree that looks fun. On a related note to the video, if anyone has not tried this method for steak, TRY IT NOW! I've done the best Rib Eyes I've ever had this way. Impress your friends! Frighten your neighbors! It's an amazing way to spend 8 minutes.
Retired

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 12:13:02 PM »
Got a Looftlighter in the mail yesterday from my sister and brother in law.  It is an awesome accessory.  I gave it a quick test run on a small pile of coals about the amount I would light when smoking and it took about 2 minutes for me to have all of the coals fully lit.  For dinner I was doing steaks so I used it again this time with a Slow-n-Sear filled with KBB.  It took me 7-8 minutes to have all of the coals lit.  I tried to take a video but it cut off due to lack of space on my phone.  I'll clear up some space and do a video on my next cook.

I'll do a more detailed review once I can get a video and use it a few more times.  So far I am really impressed!

I thought that thing was a curling iron! Keep that out of reach of women! I could see them setting their wigs on fire! [emoji24]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Looftlighter
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2016, 07:40:24 PM »
Agree that looks fun. On a related note to the video, if anyone has not tried this method for steak, TRY IT NOW! I've done the best Rib Eyes I've ever had this way. Impress your friends! Frighten your neighbors! It's an amazing way to spend 8 minutes.

I love's me sum caveman steaks!