Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How awesome is my wife??  (Read 3199 times)

EricD

• WKC Brave
How awesome is my wife??
« on: August 25, 2016, 07:08:29 AM »
This is cut and copied to here from the BBQ Brethren site.... I wanted to let you guys know too.

Yesterday was our 14th wedding anniversary. I get home from work and she hands me a gift bag. I open the bag to find a new cookbook: "Secrets to Smoking on the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker and Other Smokers: An Independent Guide with Master Recipes from a BBQ Champion".
I think to myself 'this is awesome. But I dont have a WSM yet. do I tell her? i can just adapt the recipes to the kettle'
She's not the BBQ enthusiast, and is of the 'why do you need more than i grill crowd'. So I figured it was just an oversight and a charcoal grill is a charcoal grill.
As I'm flipping through the pages she says "why don't you go out in the garage".

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am now the proud owner of a 22" Weber Smoky Mountain !!!!!!
This thing is huge!
Can't wait to try it out now! Which I won't be able to do this weekend because we have to go to a pig roast!
First WSM cook thread to come.....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:09:16 AM by EricD »
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

jdefran

• WKC Brave
Re: How awesome is my wife??
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:59:49 AM »
 That is awesome, I am happy for you and appreciate your wife's insight  :)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 10:55:39 AM »
Forwarding this post to my wife as a hint.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 06:05:02 PM »
Some is one smart woman!!! my wife simply said "ok" when I wanted to pull the trigger on my 18.5 WSM. They are both keepers....  :D. Congrats!!!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:42:27 PM »
WoW  ...   some wives just "get it" :)   The ball is NOW in your court ;D
SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 07:01:51 AM »
Congrats, Eric. I hope she puts you to work on the wsm. :)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 08:05:38 AM »
Wow Eric that is awesome!  I think I would have assumed that my better half wouldn't have realized that the book was specific to something I didn't have either.  You've got one hell of a woman!!!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 05:32:20 PM »
How excited r you? The WSM 22 is a monster
But you will soon learn to tame the beast.. congrats
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 01:44:48 AM »
Don't know how I missed this one. Congrats Eric! I will now make this my nightly story time tail for my bride and my daughters. This should be shared...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 09:25:22 AM »
Thanks guys!  I did a seasoning burn the Sunday after the pig roast, then went on vacation.  This weekend will finally be the first cook on the WSM.  I will be doing a chuckie.  Probably will end up a pepper stout beef dish, but I'm open to suggestions.   There is a Throwdown going on over at the BBQ Brethren, I will be entering the chuckie into that.
Cook thread to follow.....
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 10:44:22 AM »
So finally got to use my new WSM.   Picked up a 5 lb Chuckie, and seasoned it with SPOG.   Threw it on the smoker until an IT of 165.   Once it got to temp, I covered it in a pan with an onion, 3 Bell peppers (red and green), a couple dashes of Worcestershire sauce, and a bottle of Michelob Lager.  I forgot to pick up a Guinness Stout, which I think would have been better, but the lager worked just fine.  Let it go for another 3 hrs.  This is just before shredding (because shredded is not very photogenic)   Sorry only got the one pic.  I was so excited to finally use the smoker I wasn't thinking straight!

It came out awesome!!  Thanks for looking!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
Great looking Chuck Steak.   You're really enjoying your new WSM :)

SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Lemans

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:52 AM »
Not only do you have a great smoker but also a great wife that understands you.
You are a rich man.. enjoy both!!!
I can't stop lovin my Weber!!!
2-22 WSM, 22.5 gold, 22.5 MT code EE Red Head ,22.5 AH in Green ,18 silver , Green SSP code EI,Weber Ranch,mini WSM black,4-smokey joes black, lime, copper, crimson Sjg  IQ120 electric 22.5 silver economy 2004..that makes 15. I know WEBERITIS !!

Garvinque

• WKC Brave
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »
Hope you and your wife have many more years together and for her birthday boy do you have to step up! LOL
LET THE FIRE DO THE WORK! 22 OTG Frankenstein, Jumbo Joe, Weber 26.75 Kettle,Weber Char Q,Weber Baby Blue Q 100, Kamado Joe Jr, Cobb Grill-Both sizes, Southwest Disk Cowboy Wok!