Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer gas assist cleaning.  (Read 963 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Performer gas assist cleaning.
« on: August 30, 2016, 01:32:29 PM »
Just wondering if someone can post some tips to cleaning the gas tube on my performer. Gen 3 Crimson. Turn the gas on and I don't hear the gas like I used to. Flame is weak. I want to try cleaning before I call Weber. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Re: Performer gas assist cleaning.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
Get a wire hanger,  stick it in the tube and swirl it around.  Worked for me.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 02:39:19 PM »
Captjoe06 got the cleaning right use a pipe cleaner, but usually when my tank starts to get low I experience those symptoms. Might want to swap the tank just to make sure its not that too.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 06:42:56 AM »
I got a Venturi brush and cleaned the tube. Wire brushed the burner tube and used a bicycle pump to blow it out with air. Called Weber and I'm waiting on a replacement regulator. Should be here next week. Kind of makes me wish I'd bought the premium instead of the platinum. Lighter cubes work fine for starting a chimney.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.