Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I guess I'm stuck getting a new kettle now  (Read 4309 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I guess I'm stuck getting a new kettle now
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 06:16:28 PM »

I'm on the red SS. Been working on it for the past week or so. Going to see it tomorrow night.

Good luck Darko! Hope it goes your way.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 06:33:18 PM »
Thanks, Hopefully it looks good in person as it does in the pics.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2016, 06:53:17 PM »
That explains why the guy went to radio silence after telling me it was still available when I asked when would be good to come by.  You'd think people could at least be upfront about it and say it's pending sold.  One of the guys at work is going through a royal pain trying to arrange selling some electronics on Kijiji and is getting screwed around with by potential buyers.  9 out of 10 times using website is a headache and a half.

Let us know how it turns out. Hopefully the guy in Georgetown isn't screwing with you as well.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 07:05:06 PM by Lightning »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2016, 07:12:50 PM »
Well I told him I'd come by tomorrow. Send me your address & phone.  Have heard nothing yet.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2016, 07:23:50 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised if he has another buyer if he's gone silent on both of us.  It could be worse, the guy at work had someone pull a knife on him over a disagreement on the price of an X-Box he was selling.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2016, 07:42:50 PM »
When,I first saw the ad a few weeks ago, I offered $150, he was asking $250. Finally around 3 days later, I get a reply that says no to the $150. So, I replied; give me your best price. Heard nothing back. So, early this morning I see that the ad is back wanting $200. That I can live with if it's in good shape. So  I reply to the ad asking to meet, either tonight or tomorrow. I got a reply that tomorrow evening is good. So I replied back; "send me your address and phone, and we'll arrange a time"   

Still waiting for a response.  Maybe I'll get something tomorrow.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 08:41:33 PM »
How did it go?

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 06:20:46 AM »
I've given up on it.  The guy only wants to communicate through email and won't call.

Lightning

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 02:23:52 PM »
I've been unable to elicit a reply from him at all by any means of communication.  I guess that means it's sold, he decided not to sell it anymore, or we're dealing with yet another extremely difficult Kijiji seller. I mapped the postal code in the advertisement and it's for an area in Georgetown right on the other side of Mountainview from where one of my friends lives, so I was tempted to call up and ask if he knew of someone selling a red charcoal barbecue locally just on the off chance he knew anything about it.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2016, 02:31:26 PM »
This seller doesn't rush when it comes to replying to email.

PReinie

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 03:29:34 PM »
It took a bit of messing around to replace my ash cleaners but I eventually was successful. I had replaced them before and one thing I do is cut off a bit on the end of the cleaner/blade where the LP starter sticks out as that blade was catching on the starter. I'm glad I didn't damage my bowl to have to replace it.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 03:47:35 PM by PReinie »
We grill on one 22.5 SS Performer converted to a 20# LP tank, but have two older 22.5 bowls used for flowers and herbs. The older charcoal and cooking grates are used in the garden to support squash.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2016, 02:53:49 AM »
The ad is still up as of last night.