Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Not a weber but what's fella to?  (Read 1637 times)

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
Not a weber but what's fella to?
« on: August 18, 2016, 01:32:21 PM »
In western MN on vacation.  The son in law only has a little offset smoker.  Put on a small pork loin with hickory.  An hour in and it's holding 225.   Half a chimney unlit with a 12 KBB briquettes.  Can't wait to open the lid in an hour to check on my prize...  l
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: Not a weber but what's fella to?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 01:36:59 PM »
I hate cooking on cookers that aren't mine. I keep thinking I'm gonna give everyone food poisoning. I hope you have a thermapen.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 06:52:26 PM »
In western MN on vacation.  The son in law only has a little offset smoker.  Put on a small pork loin with hickory.  An hour in and it's holding 225.   Half a chimney unlit with a 12 KBB briquettes.  Can't wait to open the lid in an hour to check on my prize...  l
I have never had a pork loin stall.. 3 hours in at 225 - 250 it stalled at the IT at 135.  I wrapped it in foil and finished out in another hour.  Rested for 30 min.  It was maaaahvelous.   No pics due to the vanishing act.   I smoked up some potatoe discs too.  I was Jonesing for some pork..  glad it went so well... another cook in the books.   
Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »
I hate cooking on cookers that aren't mine. I keep thinking I'm gonna give everyone food poisoning. I hope you have a thermapen.

A little extreme, no?
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown