Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I did something unthinkable.  (Read 4303 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: I did something unthinkable.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2016, 03:37:54 AM »
That kicks ass @greenweb !

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2016, 04:20:09 AM »
Nice find on the yellow. And thanks for posting that video.   That was some funny but true shit.😂

addicted to charcoal......

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

G19

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2016, 05:27:12 AM »
Nice

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
I'm really glad you got it @greenweb !!
I was the bidder on the other end. I too had someone lined up to pick it up. My cousin lives 25 mins from there. I looked into shipping it home from her house and it was going to be $60. I decided that I was not going to spend more than $100 on it. With the $20 discount, that meant I could bid to $60.

I had a town council meeting that night and I almost didn't get out in time to bid. At the last minute I got signed in and started bidding. When you bid it up to $65 I wasn't sure what to do. I almost bid again when there was 20 seconds left, but for some reason I decided that I wasn't going to break my self imposed $100 rule.

I am really happy you got it. I spent that whole night worrying that I would soon find it listed on eBay for $500 by some sleezy flipper. Glad it went to a good home, can't wait to see it all cleaned up.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2016, 06:25:32 AM »
@greenweb, I woke up this morning and it dawned on me what you might have been talking about, and then I saw @Dan NY had commented, what I had realized is you sniped this out from under him.. but glad to see all is good with both of you, neither of you knew who was bidding... lol  Either way it goes to a loving and grilling home!! CONGRATS!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 06:34:40 AM »
I'm really glad you got it @greenweb !!
I was the bidder on the other end. I too had someone lined up to pick it up. My cousin lives 25 mins from there. I looked into shipping it home from her house and it was going to be $60. I decided that I was not going to spend more than $100 on it. With the $20 discount, that meant I could bid to $60.

I had a town council meeting that night and I almost didn't get out in time to bid. At the last minute I got signed in and started bidding. When you bid it up to $65 I wasn't sure what to do. I almost bid again when there was 20 seconds left, but for some reason I decided that I wasn't going to break my self imposed $100 rule.

I am really happy you got it. I spent that whole night worrying that I would soon find it listed on eBay for $500 by some sleezy flipper. Glad it went to a good home, can't wait to see it all cleaned up.

Wow! So, I have you to thank for. Thank you! Much appreciate your comment.  One thing for sure, I am keeping this as long as I can to enjoy.   
I did not know it was you at the time, but very surprised other 4 bidders dropped out way early and that it did not go over $100.

Like to also thank others for your positive comments.

@greenweb, I woke up this morning and it dawned on me what you might have been talking about, and then I saw @Dan NY had commented, what I had realized is you sniped this out from under him.. but glad to see all is good with both of you, neither of you knew who was bidding... lol  Either way it goes to a loving and grilling home!! CONGRATS!

Likewise, if he out bid me and got it, I would have been more than happy for him.  No way to know who other bidder is. As mentioned, it could be some flipper with only interest in $$$ and ultimately driving prices up for rest of us.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 07:46:24 PM by greenweb »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2016, 06:44:05 AM »
Congrats, @greenweb ! I'm happy you got it.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2016, 06:48:59 AM »
Congrats, @greenweb ! I'm happy you got it.

Thank you!  You made this happen for me.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2016, 07:25:40 AM »

To most of us, this hobby is about scoring kettles at reasonable price, having fun enjoying cooking on it and appreciating its history.

Tell you what @Dan NY - if I ever have to let this one go, I will offer it to you for $60.  You got my word.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2016, 07:30:54 AM by greenweb »

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2016, 08:09:25 AM »
To most of us, this hobby is about scoring kettles at reasonable price, having fun enjoying cooking on it and appreciating its history.

Tell you what @Dan NY - if I ever have to let this one go, I will offer it to you for $60.  You got my word.

Thank you so much @greenweb that is really awesome. I wish I had known you had someone lined up to pick it up. I wouldn't have even started bidding on it. Be sure to post lots of photos when you get it home and as you clean it up. Again I'm really happy it went to a good home.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2016, 10:16:40 AM »
holy moly! a nice yeller for $65...great score/story. Enjoy.
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers