Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What is your cooker's name?  (Read 3094 times)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: What is your cooker's name?
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2016, 11:06:31 AM »
My wife named the Glen Blue "Tiffany."  I like it :)

Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2016, 06:01:58 PM »
   All my grills have comic book characters names according to that grills color,condition and accessories. The Jumbo Joe goes by the name "Batman" because it has a whole lot of accessories. My '93 Red which I would grade an A- and now retired I call "Captain Marvel", because both are red and iconic. The '84 Red is a beater grill but gets the job done goes by the name "Daredevil". The same goes for the other grills and smokers.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2016, 01:30:46 AM »
My wife named the Glen Blue "Tiffany."  I like it :)

Perfect name, man. Beautiful picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2016, 06:24:42 AM »

"The Dock Grill"
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Yendor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2016, 09:05:00 AM »
Mine all have names.

This is Sarah, Lucy and Trinity. Missing from the picture is my Jumbo Joe, Mo (The Motel). They are named after characters in the show "Trailer Park Boys". Sarah was my first and the original readhead (Sarah on the show is the only true redhead). Lucy, in the middle was found in a scrap pile, Lucy on the show has been banged pretty hard and thrown away several times. Trinity is an 18.5", the little one, on the show she is Lucy's daughter, but not as trashy. Jumbo Mo, well, he is Trinity's son, a paperwork error had him named "The Motel", the Jumbo Joe was completely forgotten about until I found him in our camper that we were selling. Everything has a story and we can tell it by remembering how we got them. Only Mo was purchased new.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2016, 09:47:57 AM »
No names for my grills....at least not yet.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Cellar2ful

« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2016, 12:01:25 PM »

@crowderjd - Tiffany fits perfect. Your wife did well naming that kettle.

I had not named a kettle until my recent acquisition of a Sage Platinum. I call it sage, but pronounced like the jazz singer and songwriter Sade.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2016, 12:10:43 PM »

@crowderjd - Tiffany fits perfect. Your wife did well naming that kettle.

I had not named a kettle until my recent acquisition of a Sage Platinum. I call it sage, but pronounced like the jazz singer and songwriter Sade.

Saw-zjay?  Did I get it?
"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown

Cellar2ful

« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2016, 12:22:30 PM »

Saw-zjay?  Did I get it?

Yep, that's it DarrenC.  Your good man. Thank you as I was not smart enough to illustrate the pronunciation in writing. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

btomlin

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2016, 01:01:02 PM »
My SSP goes by the name of Dolly.....It's date code is Double-D.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:03:37 PM by btomlin »

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
My SSP goes by the name of Dolly.....It's date code is Double-D.
That's funny!!!  I've got a twisted mind, but must admit, I never thought of Dolly.  I've just lumped all my DD's into the group "Big 'Uns" as an homage to Al Bundy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2016, 04:55:11 AM »

"Bisbee"

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

DarrenC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2016, 05:20:29 AM »

"Bisbee"

Winz

Wow.

Just.  Wow.

I believe you have set the bar for custom kettles, and Bisbee is of course the perfect name!

Please tell me that 'ongoing relationship' indicates that this gorgeous creature actually cooks regularly as well as looking so spectacular.

"There are a great many things one can learn to do without actually doing them - Grilling is not one of them" - Alton Brown