Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A quick meetup with Haeffb and an exchange.  (Read 921 times)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
A quick meetup with Haeffb and an exchange.
« on: July 16, 2016, 12:12:11 PM »
@haeffb  had pm'd me about a blue ssp in my area that I said I could agent for anyone. He had told me he would throw in a late 70's black if I wanted. He had posted pictures of it on the site and as I was looking through them I thought it was rough so I could try to make a planter out of it like other guys have done.

When we met this morning and when he hauled it out of his truck there was NO WAY I was going to destroy this kettle. It has my name written all over it!

It was out of round slightly so I used a soft hammer to bring that back. The bottom wheeler's turned but were out of shape and the little stop pegs out of whack, so I gently got them back to form. Wheels pretty much shot, so I took some off of my now "donor" black. Lid handle bent, tapped back straight without causing to much damage. Still tight, but might tac later if it loosens.

Only issue really is the back metal handle. It was pushed down and the weld was shot. If I would try to manipulate it back, I would break it off so being the back side of the grill it's going to stay that way.

I might do a further clean up like the triangle and legs, but it looks like haeffb did the bowl and lid already and I'm going to cook on it so we'll see.

I hope you enjoy your ssp, haeffb. I can't wait to see your pics and cooks on it. It was very nice to meet you and pay it forward to a fellow grillfella. Thank you for the grill in return. It just replaced my run of the mill black.

I wish we could have gotten a picture together, but unfortunately I forgot to ask. Maybe next time, man.

Here are some pics

And with the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 12:54:28 PM by Travis »

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
Re: A quick meetup with Haeffb and an exchange.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 12:38:59 PM »
Good job guys.
WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Re: A quick meetup with Haeffb and an exchange.
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 01:45:30 PM »
Great to meet you Travis. Next time we'll plan to be able to get lunch or something.

I'm also glad you decided not to turn the '77 into a flower garden - it's got lots of cookin' left. I didn't clean it a bit - that's how it was sold to me. :)