Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 4th Annual Chicago Meetup 2016  (Read 38874 times)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Re: 4th Annual Chicago Meetup 2016
« Reply #150 on: August 06, 2016, 08:29:32 PM »
I will likely have pictures tomorrow, it was a great day,  great people,  great kettles and great food.   There was one incident caught on camera, more details on that later.

Hoping for a reenactment of Golly and Hogsy in the pool.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #151 on: August 06, 2016, 09:49:27 PM »
Today was a BLAST!! It was well worth the drive. The people, the food, the grills, everyone and everything, AMAZING!! A HUGE Thank you to Brian for hosting and inviting us into your home. It was great to meet everyone! Today was a shining example of what our community is all about. Friends getting together for a great time, amazing food and celebrating a fun hobby and sharing memories while creating new ones.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #152 on: August 07, 2016, 03:36:15 AM »
OK you be the judge, regardless of what was said here Packers fans might be peace but they are not without shameful actions on other teams and their property.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/meetups-events/4th-annual-chicago-meetup-2016/msg235389/#msg235389

On to the incident
You will witness in the following @brewtownbeatdown what appears to be respecting the Detroit Lions Mastertouch but things took a turn for the worse.

What is he looking around for?

OH comon man, that totally violates the Respect in the RRR motto.  Unreal

He appears to he holding the Packers smokey Joe lid as he is releaving himself on the Lions grill.

Yup

I can't put the blame on him for this but I also witnessed this as I was leaving the party.  Last time I bring my Lions grill to Bears and Packer country.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 03:42:26 AM by LightningBoldtz »
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #153 on: August 07, 2016, 04:09:26 AM »
Thank you Brian for having us out. I wish I could have stayed long enough to sample all the food I saw and smelled cooking. Next year I am planning better. Was great to meet everyone.

addicted to charcoal

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #154 on: August 07, 2016, 04:14:24 AM »
After attending the Meet Up yesterday, I would like to say that was the best group of people you would ever want to be around!  Total strangers talking and enjoying themselves as if they've known each other for years.  Thanks Brian. You were a wonderful host. Thank all the rest of you attendees for making this a truly special event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #155 on: August 07, 2016, 05:19:54 AM »
Today was a BLAST!! It was well worth the drive. The people, the food, the grills, everyone and everything, AMAZING!! A HUGE Thank you to Brian for hosting and inviting us into your home. It was great to meet everyone! Today was a shining example of what our community is all about. Friends getting together for a great time, amazing food and celebrating a fun hobby and sharing memories while creating new ones.

After attending the Meet Up yesterday, I would like to say that was the best group of people you would ever want to be around!  Total strangers talking and enjoying themselves as if they've known each other for years.  Thanks Brian. You were a wonderful host. Thank all the rest of you attendees for making this a truly special event!

I couldn't agree more. Yesterday's meet-up was epic, I had a blast talking and spending time with everyone. I seriously believe that @Craig knows more about the history of Weber grills than anyone that even works at Weber. I got an awesome history lesson from him yesterday.

When I decided that I would attend the meet-up, my wife said "so... You are going to travel half way across the country to a stranger's house... To hang out with people you have never met before? And that doesn't seem strange to you???"  My response was: "Not at all!!"  8)

I felt more at home with this group of people than I do at many get-togethers with my own family. This is a great hobby and a great club and it is the people that make it great.

Thank you to everyone for a great time and especially to Brian for hosting. I was even able to pickup a grill while I was there. Thank you @bladz  I was able to get it loaded on the train and it is traveling back to NY with me now.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Scott Zee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #156 on: August 07, 2016, 06:11:42 AM »
WOW...what a great day yesterday turned out to be. Brians' a FABULOUS host and everyone else who showed up thanks to all of you too. You made the Chicago 2016 meet-up one that won't soon be forgotten. AWESOME food was enjoyed throughout the day. The grills, what can I say, basically surrounded the backyard and looked BEAUTIFUL, both cookers AND lookers. Safe travels home to all that made the trek to Chicagoland. 

PEACE             8)
drink a little drink, smoke a little smoke    8)
It's not just a grill, it's a WEBER

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #157 on: August 07, 2016, 06:36:51 AM »
First and foremost, it was an an incredible day, the weather was perfect.  A huge thank you to everyone who made the journey to show up.  There was people from all over, and it was very humbling that so many people were willing to make the effort to come to my house....I had a brief thought about 11:30 in my mind I thought what if no one shows up?  Then five min later Dan from NY came through the door and the day was off to the races....

Here is the night before as I was setting up coolers and getting things ready.....

Here is the yard about a half an hour before anyone showed up....one one side of the yard was the lookers

Wood Dale Row

MBH and misc late models

The other side of the yard were the cookers, I gave all these the nod for the day that they would be in the line up and they would be in action.....

After I got all this set up, I have to admit I thought holy shit I have a lot of grills in the yard.....So I started to think I need to make some deals to get some of these out of here.  This is getting out of control...

So on to the festivities.  There will be a lot of people with a lot more pics, but here are a few to get a taste....

Jeff arrived with a giant van load of museum pieces

Here are some of the grills in action

@Jeff in the foreground with his wife Jean cooking his signature lollypops on the round top 26", @Scott Zee behind him cooking on his flawless yellow 18", beyond that is @Bob BQ shooting the breeze with @ctwhyme@ctwhyme was cooking stuffed mushrooms on the sinister Darth Vader 18......

Of course @einrej brought the now legendary flat top. 

I can't thank everyone enough.  From the guys who lived right down the street to those who came from far and wide.  Georgia, Michigan, Wisconsin, Missouri, Nebraska, New york.  If I forgot a state please chime in and remind me.  Thank you so much for making it a great time, and help making this a bigger event than last year.  It's nice to see it grow.... It's the people who make it a great time.  I met new people and old friends.  The food and the company was second to none.......

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2016, 06:40:52 AM »
Looks like a great time! Bummer that I missed all the fun. Hopefully we can make it to the next one

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #159 on: August 07, 2016, 06:45:08 AM »
On to the incident

He appears to he holding the Packers smokey Joe lid as he is releaving himself on the Lions grill.

Yup

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!  I thought I was respecting the RRR motto.  Research, Recon, & Relieve.  That [emoji90] was not me.  If it were, that Lions MT woulda looked like a Coppermist.

Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #160 on: August 07, 2016, 06:47:22 AM »
On to the incident

Yup

Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!  I thought I was respecting the RRR motto.  Research, Recon, & Relieve.  That [emoji90] was not me.  If it were, that Lions MT woulda looked like a Coppermist.

That last statement cracked me up
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #161 on: August 07, 2016, 07:04:01 AM »
I need to put a separate post to thank @brewtownbeatdown .  A lot of people brought me a gift for hosting, and it wasn't at all necessary.  But I need to acknowledge something that was given to me.  Mike AKA Brewtown had a custom grate made form me and it's fucking awesome.  I can't thank him enough.  It's was really nice that he took the time to make such a nice gift.  It took a lot of thought and effort to make this.  And I vow what I'm gonna cook the shit out of this thing.  I can't wait to fire it up!

Thanks again brother.....

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #162 on: August 07, 2016, 07:11:02 AM »
Well here is the yard after the meet up.....I think my goal of getting rid of a few things has completely backfired....

Wood Dale Row has grown....Another Chestnut......I guess I can't complain :^)  The trading was hot heavy near the end of the day. 

Here's the cooking side....maybe a few have left, a new MBH redhead and a really nice MBH black have taken up residence......

56MPG

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #163 on: August 07, 2016, 07:53:16 AM »
I have to say thanks too Brian, even though I wasn't there. Pulling these things together in between a day job and family is no small task. I did catch the Facebook live posts - very cool. Can't believe the weather you had - looks perfect. Can you imagine if Google maps did a satellite view of this scene? Did anyone do a kettle count? Might be a new world's record!
Retired

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #164 on: August 07, 2016, 08:15:27 AM »
Had a great time sightseeing now what is the address for the Weber plant in palatine can't seem to find it

Sent from the Weber Searching Phone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill