Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: what kind of a Roto is this?  (Read 2594 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
what kind of a Roto is this?
« on: July 04, 2016, 03:14:55 PM »
I have seen these spits before but not the ring.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
Re: what kind of a Roto is this?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2016, 05:06:23 PM »
It looks like the Cajun bandit ring to me.
A Wonderful Family!!!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2016, 05:16:47 PM »
Maybe an early rev
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

DirectDrive

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2016, 05:23:08 PM »
Looks like an Ebay Chinese knock-off.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 06:35:15 PM »
Looks like an Ebay Chinese knock-off.

I'm not sure, this thing is solid and has a really nice fit on the kettle.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2016, 06:58:07 PM »
Found it, it is an EZ-Que roto ring with the baskets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR--pqZJC_A

Old Dave

• WKC Brave
    • Old Dave's Po-Farm
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2016, 12:11:37 AM »
The rotisserie setups pictured are from the EZ-Que Company and what I feel are the best rotisserie equipment ever produced for most backyard grills. Their line of rotisserie items were all Stainless Steel and were very high in quality and worked very well. This company also made rotisserie parts and setups for the Weber Company of a lesser quality for several years until they went out of business. By lesser quality, I mean non-stainless steel items. The company made products for many of the most popular grills out there and most of this stuff is still sought after now as they were just the best available.

They made larger all Stainless stand alone rotisseries along with the standard parts for most backyard grills.

I have their rotisserie setups for several of my grills and love them. I have both the 6” and 8” cradle for my rotisserie cooking needs. I have the all stainless rotisserie setups for my  Webers, Big Green Eggs, Hasty Bakes, and my Pellet Cookers. I also probably have enough parts to fit the setups to many other cooker or grills.

Pair of round roasts on the Weber EZ-Que rotisserie for smoked sliced beef.

Ham on the Weber EZ-Que rotisserie

More roast beef on the kettle

Pair of chickens on the Weber EZ-Que rotisserie

Pair of Cornish hens on the Hasty-Bake

Ham and a pineapple dessert on my pellet cooker

Leg of lamb over a pan of root vegetables on my EZ-Que rotisserie and my pellet smoker.

Pair of turkey breasts in the larger 8” cradle in my EZ-Que rotisserie setup and the pellet cooker.

Pair of whole chickens just starting out on the EZ-Que rotisserie in the pellet smoker.

I didn’t include any pictures of the finished products as it would have made this post too long but will show just one from my Hasty-Bake cook on the EZ-Que Rotisserie setup.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2016, 04:11:19 AM »
@Old Dave you sound like a subject matter expert on this product.  Do you have a history with them?

Really good info, and I tell you what, the product does seem really nice.  I will probably be listing my Weber old style roto and keep this one.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2016, 04:18:47 AM »
Old Dave hit the nail on the head! It  is indeed an EZ Que. I was able to get the ring and 8" cradle just before they went out of business. I always liked the U cutouts on both sides of the ring, and I've notched my Weber and CB rings the same way. One of the best rotisserie items on the market

I won't go so far as to say the ones that they made for Weber are in any way inferior, I've picked up 3 old Genesis grills that came with the 6" cradles. They were on back order when I bought my ring and 8", so I shortened a 6" Gas cradle to fit the 22" kettle.

We bought extra adapter rods to fit the Cajun Bandit motor mounts, so I'm set for both the Weber/EZ Que and Cajun Bandit mounts.

Just an FYI for those with a 26.75" OTG - the Weber #9891 for the Genesis will fit the Cajun Bandit ring perfectly!

I haven't looked on fleabay for awhile, but they do show up now and then. a place called Bourliers sells them.

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2016, 05:06:33 AM »
Great info, I am very familiar with bouliers, I have 3 of them about 10 miles from my house.  That bigger basket looks awesome.

I got this with kettle and roto for a great price($60), looks like it was a steal.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2016, 09:00:17 AM »
Great work, LB!  And thanks to all the other experts on this thread. 

Another steal!!  Lightning doesn't strike twice, but @LightningBoldtz does, again and again and again. 
One of the charcoal people.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
Nice, the EZ Que baskets and rings are quality.