Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 4th of July Charcoal sales  (Read 5658 times)

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: 4th of July Charcoal sales
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2016, 04:53:54 PM »
I've been swimming against the "Cowboy Sucks" tide for a couple years now.

I'm alone in my experience, apparently. When it was clearanced at HD a couple yrs ago I bought about 20 bags and had no trouble, and found only 1 non-charcoal thing in 1 bag. You can read my testimonials if you search on the BBQ Brethren site.  ;)

It sparks a lot and it may take a little longer to calm down.

I'm with you! I really think that was a few years back when Cowboy got a bad rap for having crap like building scrap and insulation in the bags, they've tightened up and I've had nothing but good smokin' with it. I noticed they also have "Southern Style" lump - whats up with that?

Been seeing more people complain (including myself) about rocks mixed in with RO lump.

Nothing sparks more than Mesquite lump! A lot of people don't like it, but I favor Lazarri - If you are in the Bay Area their Oak Lump is the chit!!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2016, 05:20:11 PM »
I'm going to try to get some Stubbs-- I'm away most of the weekend, though.  Thanks for the tip!

Lazzari is indeed totally awesome, @swamprb .  I cooked on both their mesquite and their oak lump last fall, bought it from the Lazarri warehouse.  It was magic. 
One of the charcoal people.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:51 PM »
Just finished my last bag of Cowboy Lump to never buy again.

Just picked up 14 bags for @MrHoss and @MacEggs

14 more tomorrow

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2016, 01:05:45 PM »
Hoss and I did some cross-border shopping.
A huge thank you to @LightningBoldtz for going above-and-beyond-the-call when it came to this charcoal sale.  Outstanding!

It was a pleasure to finally meet Jeff.  A gentleman, indeed.

We loaded up 30 bags of Stubb's …

And, then we proceeded to get some KBB on sale at Home Depot.

My vehicle was loaded beyond the weight capacity, but it managed to make the trip back.  :D 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2016, 01:17:41 PM »
Great meeting you @MacEggs  and seeing Hoss again, wish we could have spent more time but family was calling.  Let's do it again sometime.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2016, 04:07:41 PM »
Be careful with your Stubbs fellas; I think I'm just about the only one who buys it at the Lowe's in my backyard, so the pallet they had out was lousy with mouse holes and poop.  I got 4 good bags from the top of the stack and will go to my next closest Lowe's, about 5 miles or so past the one nearest me....

go_home_red

• Smokey Joe
    • Analog Schemes
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »
Menards has Royal Oak briquettes on sale through tomorrow (July 4). $4.25 for an 18 lb bag after sale and mail-in rebate.

http://www.menards.com/main/outdoors/grills-outdoor-cooking/charcoal-wood-fuel/18-lb-premium-charcoal/p-1444452524122-c-1461078035991.htm?tid=5089400314660605366

I already order 9 bags of Stubbs from Lowes. Still on the fence as to ordering Royal Oak...but that's a great price. I don't think Menards has it on sale like that any other time of year. Maybe someone should encourage me or something.

Robert

• WKC Brave
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2016, 08:05:40 AM »
I just saw this thread and ordered 9 bags with the $15 off $50 purchase online.  I think I will try another order and see if it will let me. 

Thanks to the WKC.  Happy 4th of July!

Robert

Peaspurple

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2016, 01:54:38 PM »
Just picked my order up. I was able to save another $4.77 with my veteran discount.

A Wonderful Family!!!

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2016, 02:41:17 PM »
K-Comp is on sale at Costco

$15.69 2x18
Dude, relax your chicken.