Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Curious  (Read 1836 times)

Rondo

• WKC Brave
Curious
« on: July 01, 2016, 05:28:45 AM »
I imagine this has been covered before. Can you install a one touch cleaning system on an original kettle. I have a 22 that I would like to retrofit.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
Re: Curious
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2016, 05:31:41 AM »
Nope, you can't add the one-tough system to a daisy wheel kettle. 
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2016, 06:05:57 AM »
Can you install a one touch cleaning system on an original kettle. I have a 22 that I would like to retrofit.

Are you asking can you install a one touch sweeper system on a three vent daisy wheel style kettle? You would have to drill a large hole in the bottom of the bowel to accommodate the sweep system. It would be simpler to buy a newer style kettle on CL. Does your kettle have the three blade sweep system? If your question is can you convert a original kettle (One Touch Silver - OTS) to a One Touch Gold - OTG with the ash catcher bucket, the answer is yes.

Here is a WKC article on several methods for the conversion:

http://weberkettleclub.com/blog/2014/03/03/converting-a-weber-ots-to-otg/

Here is a link to purchase the ash catcher assembly:

http://www.ereplacementparts.com/ash-catcher-assembly-p-1477085.html

Hope that answers your question.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2016, 06:33:54 AM »
It has the 3 blade sweep system. It is a blue 22 miller light.it is new. I just prefer to cook on the other. I thought if I could order the one touch cleaning system and upgrade I would be cooking on it. If not I may sell or trade.

Neil_VT00

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 06:58:58 AM »
It has the 3 blade sweep system. It is a blue 22 miller light.it is new. I just prefer to cook on the other. I thought if I could order the one touch cleaning system and upgrade I would be cooking on it. If not I may sell or trade.

In that case, @Cellar2ful has given you the information that you need.  Good luck on the conversion!
Wanted: Burgundy 18"

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 07:25:17 AM »
Just for future reference, if yours has a the sweep system but just a disc or frisbee style ash catcher, that is an OTS (one touch silver). If it has the bucket style underneath it's a OTP (one touch premium). I believe these used be the one touch golds. The premiums also have a lid thermo and built in tool hooks on the handle. There is also the master touch which has an upgraded cooking rack (gourmet system), taller wheels, a lid bale holder, built in tool hooks on the handle, and a rubber piece on the lid damper.
If I forgot something or am wrong on a part, please chime in. I like to know as well.

@Cellar2ful is spot on about the conversion. I've never done one, but would like to for my 22 and 18 OTS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 01, 2016, 07:31:58 AM by Travis »

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 01:16:40 PM »
This answered my question. I also like to know as well.