Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Maverick Tip Top  (Read 13699 times)

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Re: Maverick Tip Top
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 11:15:32 AM »
I get to temp with the bottom vents open, then shut down and let
It do its thing.
Still need a 22” yellow

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2016, 04:36:43 PM »
The last part of the instruction sheet says that you may need to adjust vents.

I keep mine just slightly cracked open, works a charm.

Cheers, TheBigDawg

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2016, 04:56:54 PM »
Still have to order one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2016, 05:39:47 PM »
I have one I have used once. Tip top and snake combo on my OTG. Bottom vent open about 3/16" 2x2 snake with an occasional block of oak on top. Held between 240 and 259 for over twelve hours. Opened the kettle once about 6 hrs in. Checked temp every half hour with my probe hanging through the top of it. I think it kept it from working it's best. Could not close all the way down if it needed. Stayed about 1/4"open. I drilled my lid and installed a thermometer to fix that issue. Im going to let it run overnight Friday or Saturday with another shoulder. Had it set at about 4 if you look at it from the side in relation to the top edge. I will let you know how it goes.

addicted to charcoal......

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2016, 08:13:58 AM »
Mine just came yesterday.  I have hesitated on getting one since I can usually get my vents dialed in to where I don't need to touch them, but am never comfortable enough to leave for a few hours and assume the temp will stay where I want it to.  I figure this will be a good babysitting option when I am going to be away from the grill for a while.  I'm doing a test run now and will let everyone know how it goes.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2016, 12:15:03 PM »
Mine just came yesterday.  I have hesitated on getting one since I can usually get my vents dialed in to where I don't need to touch them, but am never comfortable enough to leave for a few hours and assume the temp will stay where I want it to.  I figure this will be a good babysitting option when I am going to be away from the grill for a while.  I'm doing a test run now and will let everyone know how it goes.

I got one about a month and half ago and it has been siiting in my cabinet since.  I forgot all about it.  I bought it out of sheer curiosity.  Not much of a gadget guy but it looked interesting.  I too will do some test runs and will report my findings.  I don't get the bottom vent closed thing.  You need air flow.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 12:16:57 PM by Davescprktl »
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2016, 12:33:35 PM »
Can't wait to try this thing out.  For the good reviews and the price it seemed like I didn't have a choice.  Plus all I have is weber kettles and smoker.  Seemed like I didn't have an option :-)

Mrennis84

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2016, 05:24:15 AM »
You guys have me sold. I will be purchasing one soon. Thank you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2016, 05:32:54 AM »
Where are you located?  I have one I would give you for the cost of shipping via usps

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2016, 05:36:27 AM »
Only rule is you have to give it to the next guy who wants to try one if/when your done with it.

Mrennis84

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2016, 05:44:21 AM »
Quick question: Do you guys use the same charcoal set-up per the provided instructions?

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 08:08:03 AM »
Quick question: Do you guys use the same charcoal set-up per the provided instructions?

I use the snake method. Gives great control.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2016, 04:28:29 PM »
I use the same minion in the WSM as I would with any other cook. I don't think the setup in the instructions would last very long.
Still need a 22” yellow

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #43 on: December 14, 2016, 11:35:31 AM »
Anyone know the size or where to get the silicone attaching band?

TIA
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2016, 12:34:44 PM »
I can check mine but if memory serves me it is 5"