Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Tried to register my SSP.....  (Read 2149 times)

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
Tried to register my SSP.....
« on: June 12, 2016, 12:55:26 PM »
Being new to the world of Weber, I ended up on their site looking at accessories, recipes, etc...

I saw a section for registering my grill. I know my grill is fairly old and has a previous owner, but it appears as thought I can get parts lists and such so thought it to be a cool idea. Not sure of any other potential benefits, if any, in registering a "used" grill.

Anyhow, after finding my full serial number under the storage bin lid, I put in all of my info. Interestingly enough, the site tells me that my grill can not be registered as it is not intended for use in US/Canada.

Seems strange considering I live in Florida, bought the grill in Florida and am currently using and will continue to use it in Florida. Last I checked, Florida is in the US.

This every happen to any of you guys?

Cheers, TheBigDawg

70monte

• WKC Brave
Re: Tried to register my SSP.....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 01:41:50 PM »
I bought my SSP used back in 2009 and the site let me register it.  It's a 1995 model.  I live in MO and assume the grill has been here it's entire life.  You might have to call Weber and see what the problem is.

Wayne

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 05:35:03 PM »
I think Weber's website got confused by this:  :o

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 01:56:45 PM »
Well, I contacted Weber customer service today concerning my problems registering.

Apparently my SSP was originally sold in the UK. She was able to get it registered with no major problems.

I explained that the grill is 12 years old but had just recently purchased it from it's original owner.

After a pleasant conversation and completion of registration, I logged in to Weber.com and was able to pull up my grill under my account.

Interestingly, it shows I have 10 years of warranty.

Why would they give me warranty on a 12 year old grill?

Has anyone else experienced this situation?

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, TheBigDawg
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 03:42:25 PM by thebigdawg77 »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 04:06:51 PM »
It's good to be you!

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »
Well, I contacted Weber customer service today concerning my problems registering.

Apparently my SSP was originally sold in the UK. She was able to get it registered with no major problems.

I explained that the grill is 12 years old but had just recently purchased it from it's original owner.

After a pleasant conversation and completion of registration, I logged in to Weber.com and was able to pull up my grill under my account.

Interestingly, it shows I have 10 years of warranty.

Why would they give me warranty on a 12 year old grill?

Has anyone else experienced this situation?

Thanks for reading.

Cheers, TheBigDawg
Likely she had to create a new number or something  for you to be able to register... I would imagine that how ever their system works, adding your grilled had to be done manually... And either she messed something up or their system saw it as a new grill and applied warranty.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2016, 01:19:32 PM »
Interesting.  I haven't been able to register my Red 96 SS Performer and Weber can't figure it out either.  I am thinking mine might be from Mexico since I am so close.  Maybe I need to call CS back and see if someone else can figure it out.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 02:09:52 PM »
That's pretty cool. Start ordering parts now. By 2025 they may be all gone.

;D
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2016, 07:05:08 PM »
Just not sure how to order new parts for a 12 year old grill.

It most definitely could use a new igniter,  burner tube,  regulator and hose for the touch n go system.

I might be caught in a moral dilemma.

Cheers, TheBigDawg

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2016, 03:26:26 AM »
nm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 11:43:54 AM by thebigdawg77 »

haeffb

• WKC Ranger
Tried to register my SSP.....
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2016, 03:37:43 AM »
You can easily replace the burner tube and igniter with current model parts. The hose and regulator are different, though, because of the change to the smaller propane bottle.

I suspect when you talk to a customer service rep, they're going to catch on to the fact that you're asking for warranty replacement on a 22-year old grill... :)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 03:39:17 AM by haeffb »

thebigdawg77

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2016, 09:20:00 AM »
You can easily replace the burner tube and igniter with current model parts. The hose and regulator are different, though, because of the change to the smaller propane bottle.

I suspect when you talk to a customer service rep, they're going to catch on to the fact that you're asking for warranty replacement on a 22-year old grill... :)
I really had no plans to try to get parts under warranty. It seemed a bit to shady for me to begin with. I just wanted to be able to pull up some documentation on my grill as Weber is so new to me.

Besides, I did learn one thing... My grill has a UK serial number. Useless fact, but interesting none the less.

Cheers, TheBigDawg

stev

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 06:03:37 AM »
I registered Tuesday online my 1997 green ssp that I just got on CL for $30 and got the same warranty information.

Performer Touch-N-Go, Black, (2010-2012)

Model Number: 1421001
Serial Number: EI
Purchase Date: 06/14/2016
Register Date: 06/14/2016
VIEW SCHEMATICSVIEW MANUAL
Warranty Information

Bowl & Lid against rust/burn-through (10 years) - Expires 06/2026
Thermoplastic / Thermoset Parts (10 years, excludes fading) - Expires 06/2026
Stainless Steel One-Touch System (10 years) - Expires 06/2026
Nylon Handles - excludes fading and discoloration (10 years) - Expires 06/2026
Aluminized blades/plated parts, One-Touch cleaning system (5 years) - Expires 06/2021
Cooking/Charcoal grates (2 years) - Expires 06/2018
All Remaining Parts (2 years) - Expires 06/2018