Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Ranch kettle advice  (Read 1463 times)

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
Ranch kettle advice
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
So the other day at a garage sale I spotted the lid to a ranch kettle (mothership)  he has everything.  I asked about it and he said he might be willing to sell.  He only gave 20 for it.  I don't need it but I'm interested in flipping it to pay for my new found kettle hobby.   What are these things worth?  What should I look out for?
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Re: Ranch kettle advice
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 06:27:30 PM »
What are we talking about - a lid or the whole kettle?  If its just the lid, IMHO its not worth much but a useable  ranch kettle should get you a real nice kettle or two  8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 07:39:39 PM »
@DonoBBQ In online finds there is a "Vintage kettles" post about the bottom half of a Ranch that is available in the Chicago area...posted by @Travis
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 07:42:21 PM by Jon »

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2016, 07:48:28 PM »
@DonoBBQ In online finds there is a "Vintage kettles" post about the bottom half of a Ranch that is available in the Chicago area...posted by @Travis

This is serendipity.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »
Sorry,  he has the whole grill,  but the rest of it was in his garage.  So I'd be looking at flipping the complete grill as long as the bottom is as nice as the top.
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:47:47 AM »
@DonoBBQ - PM sent.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

phillyc0wb0y

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 12:08:58 PM »
another PM sent!

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2016, 12:21:43 PM »
Thanks guys but I was hoping for a little insight,  what to look for and how to value it. Do they use the same letter code system as regular kettles?    I already know once I get it I won't have a problem unloading it.  And WKC Members will obviously get first dibs on it since I truly value all the knowledge I learned from here.

mlmack

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 07:29:21 AM »
Tell him it's his lucky day, and you will double what he paid for it.