Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber S-470 at 2 weeks  (Read 1423 times)

yws231

• Smokey Joe
Weber S-470 at 2 weeks
« on: June 10, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »
 Hi all,

The new Summit is at 2 weeks. Week 2 was a bit more adventurous.

We tried a whole chicken on the rotisserie. Took a little maneuvering to get the pop up motor and spit lined up. We did a simple recipe of a rub. Got the chicken on the spit and cooked 60 minutes with the two far left and right burners on medium. After 60 minutes I turned on (so I thought) the infrared burner for 20 minutes. Chicken was perfect. I did find that I didn't really get the infrared lit. A little technique to get it working but I missed it. Chicken was still awesome. Next chicken with have crispier skin with infrared actually on!

Practiced up with some basic hot dogs and burgers. I am getting honed in on the sear station and its a big deal. It moves you into a more professional finished meal.

Two weeks in I can say this grill will be an amazing upgrade over my beloved Genesis Platinum Series II. Controlling the heat is a major issue to get right. This grill seems designed to keep even a professional chef (which I am NOT) as well as regular grillers.

More at the month mark. Pork Butt is coming up!

Thanks for looking
Weber 2016 S-470
Weber 1999 Genesis Platinum Series II
Weber 1997 char/gas performer

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber S-470 at 2 weeks
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2016, 08:53:16 AM »
The Summit is an amazing grill, I have never owned one but have drooled of one many a time at stores.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber S-470 at 2 weeks
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2016, 11:53:04 AM »
Gotta post the pictures or it didn't happen [emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!