Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Insta Read Thermometer  (Read 6644 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Insta Read Thermometer
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
LADIES!

This is a product review, not a "which one is best thread." We have like, a thousand of those already.

FWIW I also have this Weber and it's a bargain at $10.

-- no it does NOT take 10 seconds to read. More like 5. What happens is that you get instant read that's low, and every 1/2 second it updates live. So yes, there are several seconds of wait before it "settles" but your kettle or WSM will quickly ramp right up to temp once the kid's back on. Don't freak.

-- the adjustable tilt angle/ability read from up top is something "Brand T" still can't do.

All, things in perspective ...
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

DonoBBQ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2016, 03:08:54 PM »
I have the weber insta read and pretty happy with it.  I like the adjustable head.  Also it fits nicely in place of my 2nd Gen performer lid thermometer for a more accurate reading
Too many grills and too little time! Looking for a  BLUE GENESIS GASSER! Will pay a bounty!

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2016, 12:43:52 PM »
I bought one of the weber therms you posted. I paid $9 and really like it. I got a thermapen for Christmas but the weber is still kicking and works great....
Hotty Toddy!