Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Score big time - Redhead Canadian MT (Pat. Pending ER-Code)  (Read 3083 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Inspired by the pic of bright red and green vintage kettles together on the Topic " Favorite Weber Fruit - Red Delicious or Gravenstein", I thought it would be cool to acquire bright red  to compliment my Green. They look so vibrant together. Started dreaming of picking one up.

But that is almost impossible here. Not much expectation on scoring one. But....   Few weeks ago, I just happen to look up ads and to my surprise, see this " Red Weber for sale in good condition"  pop up.

I might have been the first to respond. With much excitement, I manage to  secure the deal and make arrangement to have my family member pick it up almost right away. They are 1hr away vs me over 3hrs away.  Last Wed., finally, with great anticipation, I go and pick it up.

Wow! it is in pristine condition.  I will let pics speak for themselves.  This is how I got it before cleaning.

ER-code 1996 is exactly 20 years apart from my 2016 MT. Cool!  It also has this cool Pat. Pending stamped on the top housing for the thermostat, just below the lid handle.  Not sure what that's all about but find it interesting.

Thanks for looking.

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Re: Score big time - Redhead Canadian MT (Pat. Pending ER-Code)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 09:41:22 AM »
Very nice!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2016, 09:44:17 AM »
That is one awesome kettle, congrats.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2016, 09:59:35 AM »
Oh! And you're not a collector!!!! LOL

Yeh; Weberitis get's you.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2016, 10:22:16 AM »
Very nice kettle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cellar2ful

« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 11:26:56 AM »
Inspired by the pic of bright red and green vintage kettles together on the Topic " Favorite Weber Fruit - Red Delicious or Gravenstein", I thought it would be cool to acquire bright red  to compliment my Green. They look so vibrant together. Started dreaming of picking one up.

It is nice to hear that my post and picture were an inspiration for you.  That is a beautiful red fade M/T.  It must have lived a well pampered life up till now. Congratulations @greenweb For those that may not have seen the original post, here is the picture:

« Last Edit: May 30, 2016, 03:20:38 PM by Cellar2ful »
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2016, 12:12:37 PM »
Psyched for you! Congrats.  I'd be stoked too!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2016, 02:39:52 PM »
Really cool! Where's the pic of the red and green together? Also, if you could, would you mind taking a picture of the patent pending thermometer housing? I don't know that I've seen that.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2016, 05:40:49 PM »
Thanks everyone!    @Cellar2ful- That's the one. Thanks for posting that pic.

Really cool! Where's the pic of the red and green together? Also, if you could, would you mind taking a picture of the patent pending thermometer housing? I don't know that I've seen that.

Red and Green photo-shoot to mimic the original, after I clean the red.  Also, here is the pic of Pet Pending on the Thermo housing and palatine Ill on the vent wheel.  How common or uncommon is this.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 09:39:03 PM »
Yep, that's pristine. Nice acquisition.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

cwmfour

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2016, 09:53:05 PM »
Very nice.  i need to find a red one. 

Whit

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 12:17:48 AM »
Geez, that is gorgeous. Wait until you heat it up and it almost gets purple. Congratulations.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2016, 03:08:43 AM »
Canadian MT? Sure its not an EH?

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!